Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 s+w airweight >

s+w airweight

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

s+w airweight

Old 04-28-2006, 07:50 PM

Default s+w airweight

anyone own a s+w airweight .38? been looking at one. looks like a great cc gun. trigger seemed very smooth for da only. thanks
Old 04-29-2006, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: s+w airweight

I own 2 of them. I have a 1969 model M38 airweight bodyguard and a newer (but still pre lock)M637. I picked both of them up at local pawn shops. The M38 is my carry gun of choice.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:18 PM

I havea model 37 which I think is a fantastic carry weapon.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:55 PM

IMHO they are the single greatest "pocket revolver" available for the money. If you don't care about price then go on up too the AirLight .357 but I sell 10x the Airweights as I do the Airlights (of course a $350 gun vs a $750 gun you would expect to be that way!).

I had a SS/Aluminum Airweight hammerless for several years and carried it in my front pocket nearly everyday. I would still have it if someone hadn't have offered me more than I paid for it because he couldn't find them anywhere for his wife. I just got in two this week at work and while putting one in the display case it made me wish I wouldnt've gotten rid of mine! []

They are just neat little guns (like I said, I prefer the SS/Alum hammerless version over the hammered versions and any of the black finished ones). Mine was surprisingly accurate for what it was and I feel completely safe with one in my pocket. They are simple, will fire regardless and being a S&W they hold their value like no other handguns can!

I say, "PULL the trigger" on one!
RA
Old 05-07-2006, 04:04 AM

think y'all are right i looked at the ss hammerless again yesterday. gonna have to put the money down on it.