HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   On the road but scope ?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/140471-road-but-scope.html)

Striper Phil 04-23-2006 07:17 AM

On the road but scope ??

In Jersey and traveling to Oregon via Virginia, Kentucky, Denver, Four Corrners, Yosimite, Rout 5 to Oregon. Anyway I will be getting a new mag 7MM? when I arrive.Have come to realize I need to sharpen up 300 to 500 yardshots. Was given by my coworkers a $300 Cabellas gift card and will use it for a scope. So, I was looking at a top of their line Nikon or a $399+ Leupold. So which NiKon and which Leopold was looking at the VX111 and Monarch UCC. Comments Please???

Thanks Striper Phil

retrieverman 04-23-2006 07:46 AM

RE: On the road but scope ??

I would say either would be a nice scope, but my preference would be a Leupold VariX III.

Old Soul 04-23-2006 08:02 AM

No question. Leupold.Switched from Simmons a few years ago and never looked back.

Duckbutter48 04-23-2006 08:08 AM

The Monarchs have just as good glass/features as the VX IIIs and are a good bit cheaper. Youll be very happy with the Nikons. While your there, check out the Bushnell 4200s Id take those over either of the other 2 brands.

Bushnell's 4200 have the best guarentee/waranty going. They half lifetime replacement for anything plus if you dont like the scope and want to return it anytime within the 1st year of purchasing they will give you a fullrefund of purchase price no questions asked.So if you dont like it on your trip you can get your money back.

stubblejumper 04-23-2006 08:49 AM

I would either save some money and go with the nikon monarch,or buy a ziess conquest 3x9x40 and have a scope brighter than the vxIII with a constant 4" of eye relief.

JeffS 04-23-2006 10:13 AM

I agree with the Zeiss. I compared all of them against each other and went with the Zeiss. My friends shots the Leupold and at night when we hunt hogs you can really tell the difference between the Zeiss and Leupold.

retrieverman 04-23-2006 02:59 PM

I will revise mycomment from above. Given the two choices presented in the original question, I would choose the Leupold Vari X III, but for my money and, I personally use Zeiss Conquests.

Duckbutter48 04-23-2006 07:00 PM

Yea if you want to buck up and put down some more bones then the Zeiss Conquest is the way to go.

Jeff Ovington 04-23-2006 08:51 PM

I suggest either the Leupold or Zeiss over the Nikon just because of the
warranty...
Lifetime guartantee fix or Replace with no questions asked...With ether of the Leupold or Zeiss..
Nikons just have 1 or 2 year limited warranty...

stubblejumper 04-23-2006 09:07 PM

Yea if you want to buck up and put down some more bones then the Zeiss Conquest is the way to go.
Actually the ziess conquest 3x9x40 and the vxIII 3.5X10X40(which is actually a3.3X9.6) cost virtually the same.