Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Hard Kickers >

Hard Kickers

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Hard Kickers

Old 03-22-2006, 01:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hard Kickers

I'm taking I kid I know out shooting and, because I'm ornery, I'm looking for a really hard kicking shotshell for a 12ga 3". The kid thinks he's "all that" if you get my drift, I just wanna give him a good kick in the shoulder.
You sound like a complete tool. How would you like it if the kid came up to you afterwards and gave you a kick in the balls for making him 'ornery?'

If you want to screw with people, do us all a favor and don't do it at the shooting range.[:@]
Old 03-22-2006, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't recommend high recoil for introductions to shooting. If the kid has an attitude problem, I would work on that before taking him to the range. I fired a 2 & 3/4" magnum load in my dad's Rem #11 as a child. I have never fired anything, to include a 375, that kicked that hard. It was a few years before I tried a shotgun again.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:54 AM
bigcountry

Goodness gracious, can't people just answer the question?I mean there are alot of thingsI don't like aboutsome of your guys attitudes but you know what, thats your business.

Old 03-22-2006, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats just plane mean. Let him think he's all that confidence never hurt anyone. It can only help him in the field. I don't think I would ever try to discorage a 12 year old I would do nothing but encourage him. Mike
Old 03-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Nanook85

I'm taking I kid I know out shooting and, because I'm ornery, I'm looking for a really hard kicking shotshell for a 12ga 3". The kid thinks he's "all that" if you get my drift, I just wanna give him a good kick in the shoulder.
It seems to me like any 3" 12-ga shell holding a lot of shot will fill your requirement. Why not a heavy SLUG load? Some of these reach up into .470 Nitro Express recoil levels......./
Old 03-22-2006, 10:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

The first poster said that it was a kid. Take it from there. Kids have a lot to learn and you have the oppertunity to help him learn, or punish him for what he doesn't know yet. As EKM said, tell him that this is a hard kicking gun that may really get your attention. If he still wants to shoot it, let him have at it.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:51 AM

The kid is a senior in high school, a little over 6' tall and over 200 lbs. It's not going to knock him over, it'll give him a little surprise. If anyone's under 30, I call him a kid.

If you want to screw with people, do us all a favor and don't do it at the shooting range.
I'm not, it's private land, I know the kid, he knows me, anyone else that's down there will know both of us...

3" Turkey loads it is
Old 03-22-2006, 02:52 PM

Slugs or turkey loads will do it...I shot a 3" out of my friends little NEF 12 gauge that he had sawed the barrel on and I'm 100 lbs. It's not gonna gurt him or anything...but I think slugs are worse.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:12 PM

I dont think a 12 gauge will kick so bad at all, you have to fire 100 rounds just to get warm, its not like we are talking about a Barrett .50. Damm that does kicks. I dont think you can fire that thing if you are not fully on the ground
Old 03-22-2006, 05:32 PM

I Shot 3 in. turkey mag loads last week.They give the shoulder a workout.

Quick Reply: Hard Kickers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.