Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Looking for an inertia shotgun, what's my options??? >

Looking for an inertia shotgun, what's my options???

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Looking for an inertia shotgun, what's my options???

Old 03-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Looking for an inertia shotgun, what's my options???

i've got a begium a-5 and it is a great gun, i also own a sbe, both have performed flawlessly, the sbe for 3+ years the a-5 30+, i love the old browning but being that it was a gift and i'd like to keep it i put it up, i really hate that browning abandoned(sp) the recoil operated guns, i bought a gold and had problems, i may be the only one but i'll take a recoil operated gun over a gas gun any day, so far my sbe, it has not disapointed me, but we have had nothing but mild winters for the past 10 years[:@]so it has really not seen the abuse the A-5 has lived thru

reb i'll never forget the day i let a buddy of mine shoot my a-5, he came back "man i think your barrel is fixin to fall off"he about fell out when i showed him how it worked
Old 03-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: m.t.hands

i've got a begium a-5 and it is a great gun, i also own a sbe, both have performed flawlessly, the sbe for 3+ years the a-5 30+, i love the old browning but being that it was a gift and i'd like to keep it i put it up, i really hate that browning abandoned(sp) the recoil operated guns, i bought a gold and had problems, i may be the only one but i'll take a recoil operated gun over a gas gun any day, so far my sbe, it has not disapointed me, but we have had nothing but mild winters for the past 10 years[:@]so it has really not seen the abuse the A-5 has lived thru

reb i'll never forget the day i let a buddy of mine shoot my a-5, he came back "man i think your barrel is fixin to fall off"he about fell out when i showed him how it worked

Yep!My brother in-law has a Rem Mod 11 hump back which on the center of the barrel about 4" long it is Nurled so you can eject a shell by pulling the barrel back. Keith, did you know that you should turn the bushing and spaceron the recoil spring to change from light loads to heavy loads on the A-5?
Old 03-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes the Remington and the Savage are both copies of the Auto-5. They function the same way that the A-5 does.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Yes the Remington and the Savage are both copies of the Auto-5. They function the same way that the A-5 does.

BB, I was just wondering if Keith knew what I posted in the above post, alsoThe Franchi is still made Inertia Driven.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

I know, I was just answering the previous questions.

Just to keep everyone clear the Franchi 48-AL isn't inertia driven. It's long recoil operated exactly like the A-5. THe rest of Franchi's semi auto shotguns are inertia driven shotguns.

Benelli's
Stoeger model 2000
Franchi I-12 & (712 & 720 I think)
H&K made one (same as Benelli SBE)
Beretta made one (don't remember the model) Beretta owns Benelli.

Just a little note about the inertia driven guns. They require recoil in order to operate. A 1-1/8th ounce 3 dram, 2.75" shell has just enough recoil to make the whole system work properly if you cowboy up and stick your shoulder into the gun.

If you install a mercury recoil reducer in the stock of one of these guns it will not cycle these light loads. You will have to use high brass 1.75" shells at a minimum.

Old 03-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: big bulls

Just to keep everyone clear the Franchi 48-AL isn't inertia driven. It's long recoil operated exactly like the A-5. The rest of Franchi's semi auto shotguns are inertia driven shotguns.
Hey thanks for the info. I thought they were all made in Inertia Driven Action. DD, have you had much experience with the 48-AL?Are they made with alot of alloy?
Old 03-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Keith, did you know that you should turn the bushing and spaceron the recoil spring to change from light loads to heavy loads on the A-5?
whoops[:-],nope didn't know that, gun didn't come with a manual, its a hand-me-downbut i don't ever remember having any trouble with it, you could take it to a mudhole and it would still function properly, i don't think i have shot a box thru it in the last 10 years, it sure is purdy now though
Old 03-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: m.t.hands

Keith, did you know that you should turn the bushing and spaceron the recoil spring to change from light loads to heavy loads on the A-5?
whoops[:-],nope didn't know that, gun didn't come with a manual, its a hand-me-downbut i don't ever remember having any trouble with it, you could take it to a mudhole and it would still function properly, i don't think i have shot a box thru it in the last 10 years, it sure is purdy now though

Keith, if you remove the tube nut that holds the fore end piece,look in side the fore endpiece and there should be a paper glued to it with the instructions on how to placed them for Heavy& Lite loads.

Here you go Keith, the A-5 Manuel. Figure 9 and 10 show you how to place the friction ring.
Untitled

Old 03-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

I have a Benelli M2 that recieved as a gift from a pal. I love mine, I just dont get to shoot it enough. Yeah, 1100 bucks can make you cringe but the recoil wont. Gosh, If I didnt recieve it as a gift I would probably be shooting something else, but that is only from the standpoint of price. I wouldnt trade it. EJ
Old 03-07-2006, 10:32 PM

ORIGINAL: ejpaul1

I have a Benelli M2 that recieved as a gift from a pal. I love mine, I just dont get to shoot it enough. Yeah, 1100 bucks can make you cringe but the recoil wont. Gosh, If I didnt recieve it as a gift I would probably be shooting something else, but that is only from the standpoint of price. I wouldnt trade it. EJ
Dang EJ, I need your friends. I'm lucky to just geta "Happy Birthday" from my friends, let alone a $1100 gun.

Quick Reply: Looking for an inertia shotgun, what's my options???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.