Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Media Field Day??? Cheney Shoots Man.... >

Media Field Day??? Cheney Shoots Man....

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Media Field Day??? Cheney Shoots Man....

Old 02-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Media Field Day??? Cheney Shoots Man....

Oh boy, I would guess this is going to get some "air time"...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11312757/
Old 02-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Media Field Day??? Cheney Shoots Man....

oh yeah , i can just imagine the liberal anti-gun headlines, the evil dick cheney try's to kill a man over a quail hunt , all the people in iraq aren't enough for the evil torturing warmongers , not even killing and torturing inocent animals are enough for them. just leave it to the liberal press and news agencies , just don't be to shocked at how far they'll go
Old 02-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Geez, and I was gonna ask him to go deer hunting with me this fall. I better rethink that.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe the secret service helicopters that fly over head while he pheasant hunts in SD better watch out next season.......
Old 02-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's gotta hurt. And I have a new respect for the 28 guage quail loads at 30 yards; I understand he is in intensive care.

Poor soul. God heal him.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

The injuries were very slight. The Media needs no excuse to go after the right. Fortunanly I think any more people just consider the source and pay no attention.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:09 PM

biscuit that is the first time I have heard anything about the ICU. The reports I have seen/heard have it as being superficial and he was only wounded across the side of the head/neck and upper torso. The person is alert and responsive and should be home shortly.

Thankfully the man wasn't seriously hurt, but I belive this is just opportunistic journalism by both sides. I have been watching (or should I say stomaching?) CNN for the last half-hour now and they haven't even mentioned it so I seriously think it is just an over reaction, probably even moreso by the PRO-hunting camp than the antis???

Cheney was simply careless and I understand the man that was wounded was walking up from a different side of the group as he had been behind them while getting a fallen bird earlier. He didn't announce himself or make his presence known.

IMHO Cheney is 75% at fault because he was behind the trigger and fired unsafely. Mr. Whittington was 25% at fault for walking up "quietly and blind" upon the hunting party,
RA
Old 02-12-2006, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

MSNBC carried the intensive care note, Associated Press.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:44 PM
Typical Buck

yes, the guy was in ICU, but the only reason was because of his age (75 yrs old). they kept him for observation. He is in satisfactory condition and will come away just fine. The media is kind of over hyping this.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

The man was a lawyer, I thought Chaney should have got another shot off.

To me this could have been a very serious accident but the media has made this into a joke including Brady on TV saying no wonder Dick Chaney asked me to go hunting. He was in ICU because his age, all pellets were remove with tweezers. If the media is right he went to find a quail the dogs didn't find, I won't judge either man unless somone shows me if he was wearing orange and other factors, it was an accident and they happen, I've got a video of a DEA arms instructer shooting himself in the leg giving a leacture at a elementry school. I'd have some respect of the media reports if they knew anything about hunting other than it takes place outside.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.