HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-58/)
-   -   Mossberg 695 Slug Gun (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/132188-mossberg-695-slug-gun.html)

buckhtr77 02-08-2006 01:43 PM

Mossberg 695 Slug Gun

I have a Mossberg 695 that I'm willing to move. It's all black, bolt action, and shoots 2 3/4, 3 inch slugs. I had the best luck shooting Winchester Partition Golds in the gun. I have a Leupold Vari-XI 3-9x40 scope on it. I can move it with or w/out the scope. This thing is a real deer killing machine. It drives tacks, I'm not kidding about the accuracy with those Winchester Partition Gold slugs.

I'm selling because I hunt with my father and wifes son. We use this gun as a backup and neither can get used to the bolt action. So I figure everybody should be able to use the backup gun and now they cannot. I'm wanting the Remington 11-87 auto slug gun (All Black)to replace this one for abackup gun. Ifyou have one of those we may be able to work on a trade.

Make offers. Of course we'll have to make the proper FFL arrangements for shipping. Thanks for looking.

buckhtr77 02-08-2006 06:28 PM

RE: Mossberg 659 Slug Gun

Below is some information from the Mossberg Website on the model 695. Thanks.

[align=left]A Perfect match for today's high performance slugs
In this game, a few extra yards adds up to points. That's why every component in the Mossberg 695 Bolt Action was designed for a specific purpose - tight groups and repeat-shot slug accuracy.

The 695 takes the trend-setting Mossberg fully-rifled barrel, attaches it to a rigid, time-tested bolt action, and beds it in a strong weatherproof synthetic stock - a combination destined to deliver years of reliable service under the toughest hunting conditions.

The 22" parkerized barrel features a 1 in 36" twist, a perfect match for use with today's lighting fast, high performance sabot slugs.
[/align][align=left]To further enhance the 695's accuracy potential, all barrels are factory ported to help reduce felt recoil and muzzle jump for quick second shot recovery. A detachable box magazine ensures fast reloading and easy unloading and factory installed swivel studs allow the addition of a sling for convenient shouldering.

GENERAL INFO: [/align][ul][*]O/A length: w/ 22" barrel approx. 42 ½"[*]Weight: approx 7 ½ lbs.[*]Rifled barrel twist: 1 in 36"[*]Length of pull: 14 1/2" [*]Drop at comb: 2"[*]Drop at heel: 2 7/8" [/ul]

weiterer 02-08-2006 11:01 PM

Very nice gun. How much do you aks for it?

buckhtr77 02-09-2006 07:54 AM

Well I have the gun (I think I paid around $250), scope ($200), scopemount ($50), and an extra clip (Don't remember what I paid for that)for it. I think the extra clip was right around $20 to $25. We sighted it in and then haven't fired it very much. We mostly use muzzleloaders and use this for a backup. I killed a deer this past fall with it and my wifes son shot at a deer, so it was fired twice last year. I didn't hunt in 2004 so it was never fired in 2004. I bought it in 2003 and sighted it in. I killed a buck with my dad's muzzleloader that year and never fired the shotgun again. So it hasn't been used very much. I need something everyone in camp can use. My loss your gain. It's a sweet shooting gun.

I'll sell the whole package for $500. I can take PayPal. Offers are accepted as well. I'd like to move the gun.

buckhtr77 02-09-2006 10:25 AM

One more thing,I have the box it came in also.