HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Taurus Ultra Light Series (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/129001-taurus-ultra-light-series.html)

Kyle3 01-15-2006 03:07 PM

Taurus Ultra Light Series

Hey guys I just picked up a Taurus Ultra Light Series today, in .38 special. I found it for a low price and it was pretty much an impulse buy. It has a nice feel, looks to be easily concealed. I just wasn't sure if anyone had any experience with the ultra light series in .38 special. Thanks

Kyle

AmericanPioneer 01-15-2006 05:29 PM

RE: Taurus Ultra Light Series

Friend has 2 of them, one stainless and the other blued. They are accurate, light, first ultra lite pistol rated for +P, and have never given any problems. Also, they have a lifetime warranty.

jashoffa 01-16-2006 03:59 AM

I havea M85 UL I have to say I like it alot. I liked the feel of it better then the Smith and Wesson J frame. Mine is in Stainless. I have a pocket holster for it and sometimes carry it in my front jean pocket. Ussually I put it in an inside coat pocket and I like carrying it there because it is easy to hide there. I have to admit I haven't shot it that much but I like the feel of the grip and I think it has a pretty smooth action for being factory. I bring it out from time to time and just play with the hammer (unloaded of course) cocking the hammer and letting it down again. it is the only revolver I own but I hope to get some more!

rybohunter 01-16-2006 06:14 AM

My dad has one. Nice little concealed carry revolver.

ButchA 01-16-2006 06:33 AM

Hey there... I too have a small Taurus 85 in stainless steel. It's a nice compact revolver, perfect for carrying when you have a CWP.

I wouldn't want to shoot +P rounds out of it though, as the recoil and muzzle "flip" would be more pronounced than with normal rounds.

Here's mine, with the lefty Bianchi concealedcarry holster.

Ruger-Redhawk 01-16-2006 03:59 PM

I just boughta M85 ULfor my ladyfriend,I took her to the range the other day. We fired 11 rounds when I noticed the cylinder would not lock up on three chambers when closing the cylinder.Needless to say it's on the way back to Taurus.This was my first Taurus and I can assure you it will be the last.All I heard washow good there are,you can't prove it by me.

Ruger Redhawk

James B 01-16-2006 06:23 PM

I have had 30 or so Taurus revolvers and have yet to see my first problem with one. ANY MECHANICAL DEVICE can have a problem but no body stands behind their products better than Taurus and none is a better value. I have carried many and would and have bet my life on them.

Ruger-Redhawk 07-07-2006 10:12 PM

JamesB better late then never.When I got that Taurus back I went against my principals and bought her a S&W M 637 instead.So far it's done real well.I agree anything mechanical can have problems.It just soured me on my first and last Taurus.I will say they did have a short turn-around timeon repairing it.

Ruger Redhawk