Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Browning A bolt? >

Browning A bolt?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning A bolt?

Old 01-13-2006, 12:12 PM

Default Browning A bolt?

I just won a Browning A bolt chambered in 300 WSM from the Oregon Hunters Asscoc. How are these rifles. They seem quite expensive. Are they woth the money? How do they shoot? I just read a past thread on them and it was just a 9 page rant about different round and nothing about the rifles.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:06 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Browning A bolt?

Abolts are great, three bolt lug, nice extractor, all that I have had are accurate, fairly lightweight, some of mine had wonderful triggers. Only thing I don't like is, I can't disassemlbe the bolt for cleaning, and the kinda awkward looking three sided reciever. Never was crazy about the removable mag, but it works fine.

They are not that expensive either. I can get a regular a-bolt from wally world for 550. But hey your price sure was right.

Old 01-13-2006, 02:38 PM

I have several abolts, they are all accurate, BUT you have to find the ammo they like, do not get discouraged if you can not group well with certain ammo----it seems my rifles like Remington ammo

good luck
Old 01-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

.270 model is awesome! ammo is the key though!!
Old 01-13-2006, 03:53 PM

I have an A-Bolt in .300 Winchester Magnum (not the short model). I have owned it since 1996 (Bought it brand new). I have never fired a round of factory through it, but I have fired 180 grain Hornady's, 190 grain Hornady's, 180 grain partitions, 180 grain Scirocco's, 180 grain accubonds and 200 grain Accubonds down the barrel and none have groupedabove 2", with most in the 1.5" range and a few loads thatconsistently shoot under an inch. I know I am lucky, but it has been a sweet gun.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, they are worth the money. No gun is more accurate, durable, or stylish than a Browning A-Bolt. The mere glimpse of such a rifle by game animals will make them surrender faster than the French army.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: North Texan

Yes, they are worth the money. No gun is more accurate, durable, or stylish than a Browning A-Bolt. The mere glimpse of such a rifle by game animals will make them surrender faster than the French army.

(this poster sponsored by Browning)
I'm seeing some slight bias in this statement. Afterall, I'd swear to a certain brand of tampons if they paid me enough.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:03 PM

i love mine,it has been the most accurate gun i have ever owned,i have only shot 1 box of ammo through it and got a 1 inch group,i put the sims barrel deresonator on it and have got 1/4 inch groups with it.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:03 AM
Fork Horn

I have two of them and have never had a problem with either one. I have heard you have to keep the trigger well lubed up when hunting in especially wet weather or salt spray environments, its a fairly complex trigger. Both of mine are very accurate and have killed a lot of game.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:27 AM
Host of Hosts

Yes, they are worth the money. No gun is more accurate, durable, or stylish than a Browning A-Bolt. The mere glimpse of such a rifle by game animals will make them surrender faster than the French army
I'm seeing some slight bias in this statement. Afterall, I'd swear to a certain brand of tampons if they paid me enou

Yeah, but he's dead on concerning the French Army

Quick Reply: Browning A bolt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.