Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 anyone have a .460svr? >

anyone have a .460svr?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

anyone have a .460svr?

Old 01-09-2006, 03:47 PM

Default anyone have a .460svr?

i am looking to pick up one of these hand cannons but i would like to hear from someone that has one. pros and cons

thanks
Old 01-10-2006, 05:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: anyone have a .460svr?

Just picked one up this last fall. I tell you what man....its alot more fun than the .500. Compared to the .500, the .460 is a much better shooting revolver. Its easy on the hands, wrists, and arms, unlike the .500 which I will never shoot again. I like the 460 because of the different cartridges you can shoot from it.We paid $1,300 for pistol and I can promise you, its worth the buy. You wont be sorry that you bought it. Also if you read up on S&W's reviews, they tell you flat out that the 460 is a much better performing gun than the 500 which is way too much for deer hunting. When I shot the 460, with a 454 load, I could have shot all day long.With the 460 load, I could have shotmore than half the day. With the 500, I was done after one shot. The 460 comes with the compinsator which eliminates most of the recoil, and turns that recoil in compression. Also with the 460, if you look at the breach of the barell, you will notice the rifling is much tighter to start and then gradualy spreads. By doing this, you get faster spin right away, which in return reduces the amount of recoil. As the bullet travels through the barrell it actually picks up speed, when it hits the end of barrell, through the compinsator, it turns the recoil in to energy, which in return is turned into compression instead of recoil. If you shoot a 460 load and have someone standing behind you 15-20 yards they will tell you they felt their clothes almost come off..(figure of speech). They will feel the compression throughout their entire body. This is a fun handgun and would recomend this gun to anyone who has shotten anything bigger than a .44mag. I give the 460, 10 stars, I give the 500, 2 stars.