Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning?

Old 12-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default Browning?

I here a few bad things about them but I like the one I looked at one the other night. does anybody have anything bad to say about them I cant see them being that bad of a gun
Old 12-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Browning?

My A-bolts are my fav gun(243wssm and 270wsm Medallion and a Hunter model.) They out shoot all my Rems Rugers and Weatherbys. I'll be hard pressed not to buy another rifle that is not a Browning. Ive had no probs.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have owned a few browning rifles and shotguns with mixed feelings.My citori skeet gun is my favorite shotgun of all time,but I have no use for the a-bolt or bar magazine systems or the tang safety on the a-bolt.I personally believe that the a-bolt is overpriced.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

I have owned a few Browning rifles as well, and have been happy with them. However, I would never purchase a rifle with the BOSS system. Additionally, it is kind of irritating switching back and forth from 60 and 90 degree bolt throws...

CE
Old 12-28-2005, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

COelk-

what do you have agains the boss sytem?

I have two browning abolts one is a eurobolt in 243 w/boss and the other is a abolt stainless stalker in 338 RUM. They are both very accurate guns that have given me no problems what so ever. Kind of boring actually, nothing to tinker with. Just load them and shoot them. The 243 is one of the most accurate rifles I have ever shot. It regularly turns in sub inch, often sub 1/2, groups at 100 yards with 100gr sierra gameking SBT. It has killed 17 whitetails now from ranges of 80-280 yards with monotonus regularity.

The RUM is a recent addition to my gun safe but shows excellent promise. I have a really good load worked up for it shooting a 225gr Accubond @ 3140fps that will shoot 1" or slightly better consistantly. It kicks about like a standard 270 with a muzzle brake and limbsaver recoil pad. Its shaping up to be a great long range big game rifle.

I haven't had any problems with any browning products. I can't remember the last time I saw a browning rifle with a problem or even had any first time knowledge of a problem. Thats a pretty good track record as far as I'm concerned.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:42 AM
bigcountry

I love the A-bolts, love the gold, love the BAR, really dig the lever. But the gold used to be affordable, but now is way overpriced. The A-bolts are just right. Generally cheaper then a 700 or a mod 70, but I find to be much better quality even if some slant eyes put it together.

But I ain't payin no 750 dollars for a semi 12 gold. I paid 600 for my cantilever deer slug gold 3 years ago, now they are well over 850 dollars. Rediculus.

Old 12-28-2005, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the Browning A-Bolt is one of the best bolt guns on the market. Sure, the magazine system isn't the greatest, but at least it isn't a blind magazine or a trapdoor type. The bolt is smooth as glass, triggers are awesome (and easily adjustable if you don't like the way they are set from the factory). I have a 7mm Rem Mag, and it shoots better than most varmint rifles.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:15 PM
Fork Horn

I didnt think you could get the rum in brownings
Old 12-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Generally cheaper then a 700 or a mod 70, but I find to be much better quality even if some slant eyes put it together.

Big country
There are plenty of Americans with "slant eyes" fighting for this country at this very moment giving you the right to say that.

I was also looking at the Browning Abolt. I like the looks of the stainless and black synthetic but i've never shot one.

Old 12-28-2005, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never had one of their bolt guns , but did own a 22 auto , it was a fine gun . I believe CZ ,and Browning a-bolts com out of the same factory , and I do own a CZ , it is a great gun . Everything Ive owned that said browning on it was quality , I dont think you can go wrong with one .

Quick Reply: Browning?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.