Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Stoeger/Franchi Shotguns >

Stoeger/Franchi Shotguns

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Stoeger/Franchi Shotguns

Old 12-18-2005, 09:11 AM

Default Stoeger/Franchi Shotguns

Does anyone have any experience with these shotguns? They are priced very cheap and I am wondering if they are made that way. I think Benneli is their parent company and they have the same inertia driven system that Benneli uses.

Would you guys buy one of these or should I keep looking at the Remington 11-87?
Old 12-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stoeger/Franchi Shotguns

I have never owned one myself, but I have had 2 different buddies put them thru the paces and they performed flawlessly. One has a Franchi and has a Stoeger. I am looking into buying a Franchi semi-auto 20 gauge. Just waiting to hear back from a few dealers on prices.

I already have 2 Benelli's, and from my limited experience with my buddies they appear to be almost identical inside, the stocks feel a wee bit flimsy, thats my only complaint.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

Popere,

I have the Stoeger 2000, 12 ga. This is the 3rd year I've used it for, ducks, dove, squirrel, goose, quail,and turkey. Haven't had a problem with it and it's been in some bad weather. I have four or five buddies that bought them, some of them like them, probably 50 50 split on pros and cons. One had a screw come out but no other bad problems.

I paid around $380.00 for mine. I made this statement about this gun before and I'll say it again, I'll hold judgement for a few years to really see how it compares to my other shotguns. As of this time, it hasn't let me down.

dog1
Old 12-19-2005, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love my steoger. It is the best shotgun I have owned to date. Get one you will be pleased. I use mine for turkey hunting, skeet and trap.

Tom
Old 12-19-2005, 06:25 AM

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'm just alittle hesitant being a Remington person to try something other than Remington. I guess I'll have to make my mind up by Saturday. Again thaks for your input.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

Actually, I believe Beretta is the parent company for Benelli, Stoeger and Franchi.

I purchased a Franchi I-12 back in August. My previous (and first) shotgun was a Remington 870 Express that I bought about 4 years ago when my son and I started hunting. I wanted an all-around shotgun better suited for hunting and shooting clays at my gun club. I ended up with an I-12 because I liked the inertia action and was not going to pay $1000+ to get it. Basically the I-12 is a Benelli without the crio-treated barrels and some of the "bells and whistles" that you get for that $1000+.

Anyway, I've got about 300-400 rounds through it so far and am completely happy with it. It's a breeze to clean and has functioned flawlessly so far, even with some (non-recommended) 1oz target loads (English Gamebore, 28gr). I think the gel inserts in the I-12's recoil pad work very well and after shooting 1/2 of my 100 targets on a clays course with 1 1/8oz loads, my shoulder wasn't sore or bruised the next day.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

I know stoeger makes a good double barrel, i love mine.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:29 PM

Well the franchi and stoeger both aren't bad but they don't offer a 3.5" you have to go to the bennelli for that and spend well over a grand. THe 11-87 isn't a bad gun, but I bought a browning gold in 3.5" and that thing reliably cycles every round I have put through it. If you want interita recoil and only need a 3" chamber I'd look at the franchi.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Typical Buck

my wife loves her stoeger model 2000. she hasnt had a problem with it yet and shehas taken it through every whether condition you can imagine. she shot doves ducks quail phesant deer you name it and no problems.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:08 PM

I have several shotguns by Franchi I have an Alcione which is an O/U, I have a 20 guage and a 28 guage, and I just bought the Stoeger 2000 and it performs flawlessly. And Franchi also makes a gun that will shoot 3 1/2 " it is the 912. I had a rem 1187 and I did not like it at all and I ended up selling it.

Quick Reply: Stoeger/Franchi Shotguns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.