Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 End pad on Remington synthetic stock >

End pad on Remington synthetic stock

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

End pad on Remington synthetic stock

Old 12-14-2005, 11:42 AM

Default End pad on Remington synthetic stock

Need a little info on how to remove the rubber pad on the end of Remington's stocks like the ones that come on the ADL. There seems to be a couple screws in the two small holes in the end but I have tuened them a couple miles with out anything happening. Any one know the answer?
Thanks
Old 12-14-2005, 12:29 PM

Default RE: End pad on Remington synthetic stock

keep on a turnin on em blob. Those screws in the recoil pad are about an inch long. I suggest you shoot a lil lube (or at least spit on it) the screwdriver so the pad isn't catching and grabbing the tip of it. But you gotta turn them a pretty good bit before you see any movement. More than likely they won't come out of the pad, they will seperate the pad from the stock.

Keep on a crankin, trust me they will come off.
RA
Old 12-14-2005, 05:22 PM

Default RE: End pad on Remington synthetic stock

Hey thanks Red.
I had a feeling that was the case as I turned quit a bit but nothing close to an inch. I was going to fill the entire stock with expanding foam. I saw a Savage 300 WSM before and after the stock was filled with the foam and it made a differance especaially in the noise when bumped against something. But also when shooting it it seemed to had strengthed the stock and it didn't try to flex. I was going to fill both my 22/250 and 30/06 in the ADL. Well I will just keep cranking and thanks again!