Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Remington Shotgun Questions >

Remington Shotgun Questions

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington Shotgun Questions

Old 12-08-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Remington Shotgun Questions

basically, im looking for a shotgun for a christmas present for myself. any one ever used or heard good things about the Reming Ton 870's 12ga pumps, either the Exress or the super mags?? if not , any other suggestions

thanks
Brian
Old 12-08-2005, 11:55 PM

Default RE: Remington Shotgun Questions

Remington's 870 Express is very reliable. I've got one that I have had for 15 years and have taken everything from dove to squirrels to 200 lbs. deer. Very good gun for the money.

Oh, one other feature I like is the easy take down. This gun can be disassembled in minutes with very little or no tools at all.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:11 AM

I don't think you'll find people who wish they hadn't bought one. Solid, tested design. Look at the Mossberg 500 also, it too is a tested design and some people just seem to like them better. I prefer the 870.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

an 870 was my first gun i ever got, and since ihave hadit i never had one bit of problems with it. now that im older, i have alot more guns in the gun cabinet, but still if conditions are wet and nasty, i will bring it out cause i know it wolnt fail. i would go for the 870
Old 12-09-2005, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love my Rem 870 Express 12GA! It is the perfect, go anywhere, do anything, shoot anything, type of shotgun around. Drop it in the mud....pick it up....keep going.

To put it simply: The Remington 870 Express 12GA is the best bang for the buck of any shotgun around!
Old 12-10-2005, 05:59 PM

I have been using my mothers Remington Wingmaster 20 ga ever since i started hunting (and she stopped ). I really like the feel of it and think it is a great all around gun. I think its a bit more than the express, which I have never shot. So i dont know if the wingmaster is worth the extra $$$.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:04 PM

The wingmaster has better looking wood...that's all. It does cost more so you just have to decide if it's worth it to YOU.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:04 AM

definetly go for it. there are 3 in mycabinet and tons through out the family. i would never get rid of it and everyone is true about dropping it in the mud and keep goin they have got to be about the toughest gun i have everseenand remington has widly known guns and everyone knows they are quality. my grandfather still shoots his he got in the 60's and the only thing he's had to do to it was to get a new barrel because he shot the other one out. i would DEFINETLY get the 870.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:59 PM

My bird and deer guns are 870's. My bird gun is the discontinued Upland Special and I take shots out to 50 yds. with an improved cylinder choke and the birds drop dead, something I have tried with other guns and can't seem to achieve the same results. Just got an 870 deer gun, but haven't really tested it yet.

I love the 870's, they are an extremely simple gun. I like the feel of it better than other pumps. I have a Mossberg pump turkey gun. It is bulkier but knocks the socks off any turkey. I don't mind the Mossberg's bulkiness because I am not walking all over the place carrying it in hand, I have a sling for that.

What applications are you going to use the gun for? You might get better feedback.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:40 PM

Very reliable gun and has gone through many years of hunting. 870's are easy to opperate and are at a low price. Good luck!!!

Quick Reply: Remington Shotgun Questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.