Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Weatherby Vangaurd vs. Remington SPS >

Weatherby Vangaurd vs. Remington SPS

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Weatherby Vangaurd vs. Remington SPS

Old 12-01-2005, 11:45 PM

Default Weatherby Vangaurd vs. Remington SPS

Im just wondering in your guys' opinion which is a better gun I want to buy a new gun next month and I think the weatherby vanguard is better but i am just looking for your opinions and experiences with either gun
Old 12-02-2005, 10:51 AM

Default RE: Weatherby Vangaurd vs. Remington SPS

There was a great article in the NRA magazine a couple months ago about the Weatherby Vanguard. It made me want to get one, and my next hunting rifle will be one.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

I have a Weatherby Vanguard 30-06 model. It's arguably the best gun that I have ever carried. It's not that much heavier than the 30-30 Marlin that I used to carry. I have been very satisfied with this gun. I think that you would be quite happy.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Weatherby Vanguard .270 model. It is a great all-around gun. I use it mainly deer and predator hunting and has done a great job. Dropped 2 well-sized deer and a coyote in the tracks! I'm happy with it.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:02 PM

I also have the vanguard in 270 and i love it. I would definietly recommend this rifle.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:45 PM

I HAVE THE 257 WBY. VANGUARD SS. WHAT A TACK DRIVER. 100 GR. HORNADY INTERLOCK SPIRAL POINT ONE RAGGED 3 SHOT HOLE AT 100 YDS. CHRONO AT 3,600 FPS FROM MUZZLE AND THE 120 GR. PARTITION IS 3,300. BEST RIFLE I EVER OWNED!
Old 12-02-2005, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

My only experience with a Weatherby Vanguard was a bad one. My buddy bought one last fall in 270WSM and the trigger on it is absolute slop. I read that the triggers are adjustable, because all I have ever heard is good things about these guns. I bet his trigger breaks at 6-7lbs, has tons of creep, by far the worst trigger I have ever felt on a rifle. Do any other Weatherby owners have this problem, or is this just his gun? I do like the price tags on them, and I like their accuracy guarantees.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:46 AM
Typical Buck

I've been shooting a .300 WBYMag Vanguard for 7 years now, and haven't carried another rifle since I bought it. I have a Vanguard in 7mm Rem Mag as well, and I love BOTH of them. I just bought my woman a Vanguard Compact in .308 Win this fall, and that too is a great little gun. Rammer, I've never heard of anything like what your buddy's gun is like and certainly nothing like that from the 3 in my house or the one my brother has as he also shoots a .300 WBY Mag Vanguard.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:23 AM

I own a Vangaurd Sporter in 300 win mag and I just love it. It will shoot 1" groups all day with just about anything I want to fire through it. The trigger was kinda crappy until it was adjusted which is a piece of cake. Great Rifle.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot a couple of the sps models in....very very good shooters. One of them in 7-08 was pretty much a one holer at 100. The 24 inch barrel probably helped.Only prob I see is finish was spotty. No dealings with the new Vanguards.

Quick Reply: Weatherby Vangaurd vs. Remington SPS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.