Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Looking for a good pistol for concealed carry >

Looking for a good pistol for concealed carry

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Looking for a good pistol for concealed carry

Old 12-08-2005, 06:25 PM

Default RE: Looking for a good pistol for concealed carry

ORIGINAL: Hotguns

The only real drawback to the ultra concealable guns is the grip is way to short for some peoples hand to grasp comfortably. If you have big hands,(which I do) you wont like the feel of the short little handle.

These guns are great to conceal, but not so great to shoot.

I carried a SigP239 but never could really get used to the short handle. I eventually wound up carring a 225 which was jsut a tad larger, but much longer in the grip which made it feel much better in the hand.

On the other hand, if you have average or small hands, it may be OK. In any case, you need to try one first before you spend money on one..and be advised that the short barrelled .45's generally have a problem with reliablity and usally need to be "tweaked" to be dependable.
i agree about being short grips i have short hands but my hands are very wide the warthog fit good for me an you can get extended clips for a bigger hand
also true is the short barrell but like kimber para has perfected the ballistics on short barrell pistols i
the small model kimber is also a great choice it just didnt fit my hand right maybe to skinny on the grips
i think for the best carry gun for a experianced guy would be a full size colt 1911 but someone new to carying may feel it to be to big
i often carry my ruger 44mag redhawk with a 7 1/2in. barrell i conceal it good and its comfortable with the right holster
there is a lot of good cary pistols out there and its hard to pick just one maybe try getting a 380 as a back up gun while you try many other choices for the first draw weapon also s&w makes a nice 44special revolver small but only 5 shot makes a good back up gun
i would say if you live somewhere where you may run into gang bangers or illigels carry 2 pistols and a high capacity assualt 12ga in the car
if you go for a full size 1911 they make a fanny pack that conceals it nice easy acsess till you get used to a holster

Old 12-08-2005, 06:35 PM

Pull tabs open gun pouch in an instant for fast access to gun. Works for right and left hand draw.
here is the holster i was talking about quick access looks a little gay but holds the full size pistols nice
Old 12-08-2005, 09:31 PM

Talk about the thread that wouldn't die! Poro old kmack is probably been in the Valley for a week already, while folks are still argueing what is best for him!

As for the fanny pack type holsters, nothing screams GUN! in my area quite as loudly as one of those. Even my wife comments on men with those, usually along the lines of "I wonder what he's carrying?"
I've carried a Smith 45-16, a 1911, and now carry a Para-Ordnance P12. Nobody has ever looked twice at me, including every LEO I've dealt with.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:05 PM

charley your right 100% but if not comfortable with the right holster it is much better than not having a gun when you need it
Old 12-09-2005, 06:05 AM

that fanny pack thing is gay, id rather carry a gun in mypocket than in that freakin thing.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:49 PM

i thought you was a ruff neck??!!
Old 12-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

also friz, if you don't think it's possible to take down a hog at 100 yards with 3 1/2" 00 buckshot through a mossberg 835 ulti-mag /w the extra full turkey choke, you're dumber than i thought. so don't judge me because you have never witnessed it yourself. i'm not saying this shot is makable everytime, i tried it once and made it.
I am not saying it is an impossible shot, just a stupid and unethical one to attempt. Especially for the reasons you stated.

normally i would not have tried this shot with this equipment but i was on private land with no else in the area and wanted to see if it could be done.
Piss poor reasoning if you ask me.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Out for the kill

i thought you was a ruff neck??!!
i said off the bat it was gay i personally dont use one but if you need to carry and its the only comfortable way its better than getting souronded by mexican border jumpers without a weapon i knew i would here crap about this but hey if it may save your life what the hell its the hommies that would rather look good and die than look bad and effectivly deffend off an enemy lol
as for being a rufneck my carry weapon is a ruger redhawk in 44mag 7 1/2 inch barrel carried concealed under my arm and sticking into my pocket a little not to many guys would consider concealing it but i do it comfortably lol i rotate my rounds one platinum hollow point one shot shell aroud the revolver shot shell is effective in a battle
Old 12-09-2005, 08:42 PM

Out for the kill oh by the way i agree the south will rise again
not being a smart asss i mean it