Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Looking for a good pistol for concealed carry >

Looking for a good pistol for concealed carry

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Looking for a good pistol for concealed carry

Old 12-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for a good pistol for concealed carry

hot, you may be right, i thought it said you shouldn't shoot steel through the turkey choke though.

i also did not know that using the .223 in some states was illegal. i'm from and hunt in florida where anything centerfire is legal to use and our deer are small...lol. when i was very small my grandpa taught me how to hunt with the .223 and for our small bodied deer it did it's job. i guess a .223 wouldn't be too great of a choice for a 300 pound whitetail. i'm soory i did not take in account where everyone else hunts. i only comment from my own personal experience.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:37 AM

I agree that it was Coates time to go. That .22lr bullet was indeed a "magic bullet". As to the shoots to the center mass, I thought they were to the stomach mostly and theperp had one heck of a gut on him. Granted taking one round from a .357mag would seem enough to anyone, his fat self took 5-6.

As to what is easy to conceal. Each person is differn't. That is why I said in my first post don't be cheap with your holster. I would also like to say don't be cheap with your belt. Both can make a huge differnce. I carry a Glock 27 off duty in a Sidearmor IWB modular with a Wilderness belt. I forget it's on, hides very easy, even in shorts and a t-shirt.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:44 PM

We have gotten away from the question he asked.Biggest and most important things,comfort-if it doesnt fit your hand youll never be great with it--control, you have to practice with whatever cal you go for.
I used to work for a retired chicago cop who told me "A .22 in the tearduct does more than a 9mm in the collarbone". Which I agree with , but what about a .45 in the tearduct?
Good luck in your search
nathan
Old 12-08-2005, 01:03 PM

[/align]

Para has been the leader in 1911 innovation, inventing the high capacity .45 and providing match grade ramped barrels in all of its pistols, creating integral plunger tubes and grip bushings in its frames and perfecting the bushingless recoil system in its micro-compact pistols. Now, the world’s most famous micro-1911, the Warthog, is chambered for the popular 9mm Luger cartridge. We affectionately call it the Hawg 9. This gem of a pistol holds 12+1 rounds of 9mm in the full capacity model, where legal.
Para Pistols Give You The Winning Edge:
[*]All Para pistols come with an integral ramp and supported chamber, match-grade barrel for exceptional accuracy out-of-the box.[*]Our exclusive Power Extractor (PXT) is a massive claw for the ultimate feeding and extracting reliability.[*]All Hawg pistols come with two magazines. The first magazine has an ultra-compact standard floor plate. The other magazine has a finger-extension floor plate. [/align]

Hawg 9 [/align]

Para’s family of “Hawg” micro-compact pistols is growing rapidly because you keep asking us for new models. These pistols were designed around the powerful .45 ACP cartridge and, when you asked for us to chamber it in the popular 9mm Luger cartridge, our ramped barrel provided plenty of meat in the chamber - even for Plus P 9mm loads. In 9mm this baby “Hawg” is sweet shooting and it holds 12* rounds in the full-capacity magazine. A 10-round restricted capacity option is also available. [/align]

Specifications:

Order No.
Caliber
Rounds
Barrel
Weight
Length
Height
Hammer
Sights
Receiver
Finish

WHX129R
9MM
12+1
3"
24 oz
6.5"
4.5"
Spurred
3-Dot
Alloy
Regal

Warthog [/align]

The latest super-compact, high-capacity .45 with truly awesome firepower is the new Para Warthog. There is no .45 ACP ten-round, semi-auto in the world smaller than the Warthog. This extraordinary pistol is only 6.5 inches in length and 4.5 inches high, including the magazine. And the Warthog is remarkably controllable, thanks to its superbly engineered and contoured grip design. Add the feeding and extracting reliability of the exclusive new Para Power Extractor™ and you have the best super-compact pistol on the ground or in the air. [/align]

Specifications:

Order No.
Caliber
Rounds
Barrel
Weight
Length
Height
Hammer
Sights
Receiver
Finish

WHX1045R
.45ACP
10+1
3"
24 oz.
6.5"
4.5"
Spurred
3 - Dot
Alloy
Regal

Nite Hawg [/align]

Para's new special edition Nite Hawg has all the power of the super-compact Warthog, while boasting a non-reflective all-black finish and tritium night sights. Despite its small size, the Nite Hawg is also remarkably controllable, thanks to its superbly engineered and contoured grip design. [/align]

Specifications:

Order No.
Caliber
Rounds
Barrel
Weight
Length
Height
Hammer
Sights
Receiver
Finish

NHX1045N
.45ACP
10+1
3"
24 oz.
6.5"
4.5"
Spurred
Night
Alloy
Covert Black
this is the pistol i was talking about i wrote 10 oz sorry its 24
this is a very easy to conceal pistol and shoots great to there are many upgraded grips to allow a better fit to your hand
for size knockdown wieght and ability in my eyes its the best
Old 12-08-2005, 01:06 PM

well i guess it didnt come out right the 45 is a 10 +1 i will get the rest of specs
Old 12-08-2005, 01:10 PM

A .380 might be enough for you and the sig
P232 is a very nice personal protection or conceal carry gun. Small and reliable.

Some might dissagree with me, but the s&w Sigma might be the best bet for your money. 40 caliber, very light and only a little over 325 dollars.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:13 PM

oouhguyguiguygygihjui9Warthokog [/align]

The latest super-compact, high-capacity .45 with truly awesome firepower is the new Para Warthog. There is no .45 ACP ten-round, semi-auto in the world smaller than the Warthog. This extraordinary pistol is only 6.5 inches in length and 4.5 inches high, including the magazine. And the Warthog is remarkably controllable, thanks to its superbly engineered and contoured grip design. Add the feeding and extracting reliability of the exclusive new Para Power Extractor™ and you have the best super-compact pistol on the ground or in the air. [/align]

Specifications:

Order No.
Caliber
Rounds
Barrel
Weight
Length
Height
Hammer
Sights
Receiver
Finish

WHX1045R
.45ACP
10+1
3"
24 oz.
6.5"
4.5"
Spurred
3 - Dot
Alloy
Regal

Nite Hawg [/align]

Para's new special edition Nite Hawg has all the power of the super-compact Warthog, while boasting a non-reflective all-black finish and tritium night sights. Despite its small size, the Nite Hawg is also remarkably controllable, thanks to its superbly engineered and contoured grip design. [/align]

Specifications:

Order No.
Caliber
Rounds
Barrel
Weight
Length
Height
Hammer
Sights
Receiver
Finish

NHX1045N
.45ACP
10+1
3"
24 oz.
6.5"
4.5"
Spurred
Night
Alloy
Covert Blackok there it is finally i got the specs right well like i said the grips can be changed to fit your hand it is light accurate has plenty of knockdown power and small (easy to conceal)
Old 12-08-2005, 01:16 PM

well maybe not sorry for all the space i took up
Old 12-08-2005, 03:43 PM

Hey Ruffneck,
I just checked out the warthog at a gun show this weekend.What a cool gun. I wqant one for sure.Felt beefy in my hand.Never had a 1911 of any sort ,and I was going to get a kimber but after seeing and holding the hog I think it will be my next purchase.
Nathan
Old 12-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Spike

The only real drawback to the ultra concealable guns is the grip is way to short for some peoples hand to grasp comfortably. If you have big hands,(which I do) you wont like the feel of the short little handle.

These guns are great to conceal, but not so great to shoot.

I carried a SigP239 but never could really get used to the short handle. I eventually wound up carring a 225 which was jsut a tad larger, but much longer in the grip which made it feel much better in the hand.

On the other hand, if you have average or small hands, it may be OK. In any case, you need to try one first before you spend money on one..and be advised that the short barrelled .45's generally have a problem with reliablity and usally need to be "tweaked" to be dependable.

Quick Reply: Looking for a good pistol for concealed carry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.