HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   taurus model 44 magnum tracker (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/122042-taurus-model-44-magnum-tracker.html)

boysda 11-21-2005 05:36 PM

taurus model 44 magnum tracker

couple months back i posteda question regarding a camp gun and what would work best for the various situations i could find myself in. while i was leaning toward a 357, the general consenus here was that was the minimum caliber i should be looking at, andi might wanna consider a 44 magnum.

i took that advice to heart and held off on the purchase. am now looking at the taurus model 44 magnum tracker (it falls nicely within a price range my wife won't like, but won't be too pissed off with either), and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it. good purchase or not?

statjunk 11-22-2005 06:52 AM

RE: taurus model 44 magnum tracker

Taurus=Junk, don't buy a Taurus.

Tom

Highpower 11-22-2005 07:16 AM

I don't agree, sorry. I, several others I shoot with own Taurus handguns and all of them are terrific shooters. I especially favor the Taurus Titanium revolvers. Very light weight (especially nice when needing a sidearm in the mountains), and very dependable. I will say that I'm not impressed with Taurus' customer service over the phone, but I have no complaints with the firearms themselves. Just my $.02.

johnch 11-22-2005 09:28 AM

Except for the 22 revolvers I think the Taurur revolvers are a good buy .
I had a 44 mag for a while .
Accurate and easy to shoot even with hoter loads ..
I didn't like the muzzel brake , but that is what made the hoter loads easyer to shoot .
Just a personal preferance thing .

Johnch

Rebel Hog 11-22-2005 09:33 AM

Taurus Titanium is good, but I prefer the Ruger!

statjunk 11-22-2005 11:53 AM

I bought a 9mm Millenium that shot 4 feet low and 2 feet to the right. I sent it back to them. Taurus bent the barrel back and sent me the gun back! WTF. The barrel is only about 1.5" long. You all can keep your great shooting Taurus's. I wouldn't take one if it was free.

Tom

missed_another 11-22-2005 05:08 PM

boysda............taurus makes a fine weapon for the money.i have a stainless .44 with a 2-7 power and a 6-1/2 inch barrel and it will hit within an inch at 85 yards off the bench.also have a pt-22 that i carry in mydog training bag that shoots great. believe it or not but 40 years ago guyssaid that the rugers were no good and that they were just junk. little did they know.

Rebel Hog 11-22-2005 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: missed_another

believe it or not but 40 years ago guyssaid that the rugers were no good and that they were just junk. little did they know.

:eek:Where did you here that?

missed_another 11-22-2005 06:09 PM

:)see i told yait was a believe it or not. back when i first started shooting in the early 60's ruger was still the new guy on the block. their prices were to good to be true so people thought they were no good. you had to be buyingor shooting a remington, s&wor winchester to be in the click.

rybohunter 11-23-2005 07:04 AM

While I don't have the tracker, I do have experience with other taurus guns and I find them to be built very good for the money. I've been eyeing up the tracker in 44 or 357 for a while now myself.