Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 update on Best syn. stock >

update on Best syn. stock

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

update on Best syn. stock

Old 10-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default update on Best syn. stock

I am done with wood stock richards gun stocksis the reason they need to close there doors anybody buying a wood stock go somwhere else theres are JUNK!!!!!! that being said who makes the BEST syn. full bedded stock, I am not worry about the cost I am looking for the best. I dont want some thin junk syn. stock and please give the reason you think it is the best, I need to buy in the next week or less This needs to be a drop in for a mauser model 96 thanks for all your help for I have never owned a syw. stock before and will take your abvise thanks again

P.S where can I find the stock you say is best
Old 10-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Best syn. stock

What happened with the Richards stock? Last I read you really liked it.

You are not going to be able to get the best for a mauser 96. HS Precision nor McMillan makes a stock for the 96.

You can get a Ram Line but they are total crap, Bell and Carlson makes one (carbelite) for the 96 but I have never had much luck getting a B&C to just drop in, even though you pay for them to be a drop in. B&C also makes one in their medalist series. I have not used on of these so I can't say if they are inletted well or not. They do have an aluminum bedding block through out the receiver.

My suggestion is to call Boyds and see if they inlet a laminated stock for the 96. (605) 996-5011
Old 10-24-2005, 11:39 AM

Default RE: Best syn. stock

deleted....
Old 10-29-2005, 01:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I order the Bell & Carlson medalist stock it arrive today I install it all I had to do is file a little for he bolt handel to clear the rest was drop in. With the beding block I tighten it up and was a perfect fit the barrel if free floating. It is a real looker now . It was not want I wanted But after getting it I am very happy I hope to shoot it this weekend to see how the floating barrel will work It should be better than the old mil. stock it was a great shooter with that stock if it is better I will be very very happy.
thanks bigbulls for the info it help alot
Old 10-29-2005, 01:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

sorry