Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Redfield scope >

Redfield scope

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Redfield scope

Old 10-20-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Redfield scope

I got a Remington Woodsmaster 740 with a Redfield 2x7 adjustable scope. It was my dad's gun after he died it was mine. I want to use it for deer hunting but the scope is blurry to me. I have moved the scope back and forth in the mount and adjusted the eye relief anyone have any ideas? A couple of my friends have looked through the scope and they say it looks fine to them. I am supposed to wear glasses but I never do. I just bought a cheap scope for my .22 and it is real clear. I don't get it please help!!
Old 10-20-2005, 06:38 PM

Default RE: Redfield scope

If you are talking about the cross hairs being blurred or doubled and not the image you may need to adjust the ocular lensby loosening the locking ring (this is on most scopes, someare more easily adjusted on the very end) and turn it in and out till the cross hairs become solid. I can set a scope up for my right eye andusing my left eye it will not bein focus.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Right on. Most scopes need to be focused for the user. The end close to your eye will turn to change the focus. Watch through it as you turn the eye piece until it come into fucus. If its an Old Redfiel it should be a great scope. The old Redfields were about as good as scopes got in their day. I have several 30 year old ones that are still in fine working order.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have an old redfield and after i got it figured out i love it!!! it's a great scope and usually you can get it for pretty cheap.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:09 PM

how are the ones with the rangerfinders
Old 10-21-2005, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Although I'm a hard-core Leupold fan, I do own several Redfields, and with the exception of one 4x12 fogging up, I have found them to be quite acceptable, and well-made. Perhaps you either need to adjust your focus with the eyepiece, wear some sort of corrective lenses, or a combination of both. Sometimes those "reading" glasses sold at various stores will help. You may wish to try them. Anyhow, good luck-----
Old 10-21-2005, 02:38 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I will try these suggestions and see what happens.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: naconst

how are the ones with the rangerfinders
mine has the rangefinder but i haven't actually used the rangefinder part of it. otherwise the scope works great.