Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Where do I sell a like-new 30-06? >

Where do I sell a like-new 30-06?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Where do I sell a like-new 30-06?

Old 01-09-2002, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Where do I sell a like-new 30-06?

Mods, forgive me for the plug, but this is a serious question. I went first to our auction site, but it didn't appear too many people utilized this service (only one gun in there).

I've got a Remington Model 7400 30-06 I've owned for some time which has only been fired four or five times, and I'm thinking about selling it to buy another bow. Any suggestions on where to post it to bring top dollar? Is e-bay a good place, and if so, how hard is that to work with? What about local gun stores? Do they offer much of the gun's value?
Old 01-10-2002, 02:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Where do I sell a like-new 30-06?

They might give you 50% of the value at a gun shop depending on condition . Your best bet is a private sale or you might find a gun shop and put it on consignment .If you can advertise in the paper if that is allowed in your state .Ebay doesn't list guns .

Edited by - halcon on 01/11/2002 02:19:03
Old 01-10-2002, 03:42 AM
Typical Buck

if u have a friend that's an FFL dealer maybe he could do u a favor... if i were u i'd look for your local newspaper online and list it there. that's what my friend did with his 30/30 that was shot like 5 times. he sold it for $250 i forgot what u buy it for...

_ _ _ _ _
Remember "The 4 G's"
God
Guns
Guitars
Girls
Old 01-10-2002, 06:32 AM

A lot of newspapers won't list firearms anymore. GunsAmerica is an online auction that is real popular. I believe most FFL holders will handle the transaction for you for a small fee. Get to know a couple of them in your area and they should help you out.
Old 01-10-2002, 07:32 AM
Typical Buck

..Advise dont take less than,$$$300.dollers....

..JESUS IS COMING BACK BE READY...
Old 01-10-2002, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

TOTOE's right...If you only get $200 or $250 out of it, you may as well hang onto it.

It's worth that much to leave it sit in a gun cabinet.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:30 AM
bigcountry

I have had good luck with gunbroker.com. I have a 700BDL SS 300RUM on there now but would really like to trade to a 7mm-06, 270, or maybe 308 to keep from loosing all that money. Put it on there, and make note on the add, interested in trade for a bow. You might not want someone elses bow however.

Old 01-10-2002, 11:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

If I couldn't get $350 for it, I wouldn't think about selling. I'd prefer $375 or $400.

I thought guns retained their value better than that?
Old 01-10-2002, 12:22 PM
Spike

When it's your gun your getting rid of, it always seems to be a buyers market.... I'd hang on to it or go by word of mouth.
No offense, but your gun is nothing special and anyone can walk into a gun store and buy one new for about what your wanting to get out of it. There is no motivation for someone to buy it. I do wish you good luck and I hope you get what you want out of it.
Old 01-10-2002, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ohio, I agree with you there's nothing special about my gun, and no offense taken. But I'd have to question your statement about anyone being able to walk in and buy one for what I want out of it. I checked at our local Wal-Mart, and they're $549. This one's as new as they come, without the receipt. I would think that like as just about everything else, it'd be hard to beat Wally World's price on a new one. I would think a gun specialty store would want even more for one, I don't know.

Who know? If it won't bring that much, looks like I'll be the owner of a nice rifle for a lot longer. Nothing wrong with building up the gun collection too.

Quick Reply: Where do I sell a like-new 30-06?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.