Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Remington 700 LSS fires when you take it off safe >

Remington 700 LSS fires when you take it off safe

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington 700 LSS fires when you take it off safe

Old 09-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Remington 700 LSS fires when you take it off safe

and i sure as hell hope they pay for your shipping witch they should cause shipping on guns are expensive
Old 09-06-2005, 07:14 PM

Remington has hadmore than onewrongful death lawsuits as a result of their M700 trigger/safety system. If they have a case that is currently ongoing and if your LSS "does it everytime", then I'm thinking that they should be more than willing to trade you one of their top of the line models of your choice for your current weapon. If it mal functions everytime, then what a great courtroom exhibit it would make in a wrongful death suit, especially with your testimony that you have had it since new and its never been touched. I'm thinking your firearm is worth far more (in a twisted sort of way) in its current state than if it was operating perfectly.

Remington R-E-A-L-L-Y needs torework their M700 series safety/trigger design.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:02 PM

In defense of Big Green, however, the condition is pretty rare. Like maybe one in a thousand or more. And Remington triggers are regarded as some of the best of the field grade factory rifles. But a good aftermarket trigger - like Timney, Canjar, or Jewll - is worth considering if you own a Remington 700. Roskoe
Old 09-07-2005, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

hmmmm I guess we will have to remember this one when the next "which gun is best" thread comes up!!!! never hear any of this crap about the 3 position safeties of Winchester and Ruger.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

This along with some other issues that I have encountered myself and read about is why I avoid Big Green. Ifone of theirguns killed someone that I cared about and the company new about this issue, I would declare war.

Tom
Old 09-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Why is Remington providing this safety reminder?
According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, fatal accidents involving firearms have dropped 40% over the last ten years (1988-1998) and 69% since 1967. Although fatal firearms accidents are on a decline, Remington cares about the safety of our customers and is concerned about reports of accidental firings of Model 700 and other bolt action rifles. Such accidents can result in property, serious personal injury and even death.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:35 AM

I have 3 model 700 rifles.I was huntining in colorado in 1987 with the 30-06 I pushed the safety off BANG the instant I pushed it off.When I got back home I took it to a smith he disassembled the bolt cleaned it up put it back together.No problems since.I was hunting with the 243 win two years ago setting in stand same thing happened.I had heard about a recall so I emailed Remington with serial numbers they replyed " these are not on recall list " but they would repair them for a price.I replyed with a few choice words and told them to forget it.I took it to a smith instead.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:48 PM

Let them fix it. I shipped one to them a few years ago and it cost around $8 bucks. It did take a few weeks to get it back but they didnt charge anything to fix. It wasn't a trigger problem though.

Personally i would think about a timney.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:52 PM

Absolutely amazing, that many incidents in the small sample of hunters who post here.
Big green is whistling while strolling past the grave yard with their trigger/safety system IMO.
It is just one reason (among several) that my rifle money goes to:
** Winchester M-70'sand
** CZ. 550's
Old 09-14-2005, 09:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have had to many 700's to count. So far its never happened on any of mine.

Quick Reply: Remington 700 LSS fires when you take it off safe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.