Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 The Henry Big Boy..Please Help Me >

The Henry Big Boy..Please Help Me

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

The Henry Big Boy..Please Help Me

Old 08-10-2005, 09:46 AM

Default The Henry Big Boy..Please Help Me

I was wondering if anyone out there can give me any information on henry's rifles. I am looking for one that would be good for black bear and deer. And how do they shoot, and what caliber do u request i get. Please Help any info would be greatly thanked for.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:26 AM

Default RE: The Henry Big Boy..Please Help Me

I would check with the Umberti rifle company,you can get a list of there callibers they make and go from there. vangunsmith
Old 08-10-2005, 11:51 AM

I had one in the .22 rimfire and it was a nice rifle for the money. I have not looked at the centerfires however. Mine had one of the smoothest actions I have every felt and was very accurate. However the materials and finnish work could have been a bit better, it was no marlin I'll tell you that. The receiver was painted alloy vrs blued steel and there was a fair amount of plastic on it. But for 189 bucks what did I expect. Did not effect the way it performed in the least. It was one of the best functioning and most accurate .22's I have ever owned out of the box.

Like I said though, I don't have a clue about the centerfires. I have never handled one, I would assume they would be a bit nicer.

Paul
Old 08-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

I've had the same experience. I got the Henry lever action 22 for like $200 and it was certainly worth the money. It is 10 times smoother than my 94 and it is very accurate.I don't know anything about the centerfires butthey've been around for a long time so there must be something good about them.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:45 PM

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=35745728

have this one at home. I love the little thing, havnt taken any deer or blk bear tho. mostly bought it because i liked it not for much more but i figure it should do as well as a 30-30 at 50-70yards or so