Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

22lr issues

Old 07-12-2005, 10:51 AM

Default 22lr issues

I went back to my old neighborhood this week and there were a few ISSUES. This kinda ties into the 22magnum thread. I went home and was having a good time BBQn and kikn back a few cold ones when all of a sudden i hear some faint shots in the distance. the old man with the property next to ours has acattle pasture and the kids when i was growin up used his back yard for a rifle range. He was very kewl and had a nice little 100yrd range built. So i thought nothing about it and keep BBQn. Then i heard a shotgun blast off 2 rounds and was like WTF!! He didnt allow shotguns down there so i knew something was up. I started over and got my glock out of my truck and headed that way when i heard screamin. I thought someone was tryin to kill him or his wife or something to that effect. I started runnin and saw a lady standing on HER side of the fence in her back yard with a double barrle pointed at 2 13-14 year old kids. she turned the gun on me and i drew up just in case. Long story short, the kids had gotten over the backstop at teh range and were shooting across the pond at what had to be about 5degree angle. Recocette a bullet up and hit the side of her trailerhome. She thought they did it on purpose. Her and her "lifepartner", had just moved in about a week earlier and thought everyone was out to get them. I calmed her down and took the boys 22lrs from them and told them to leave. She kept her 12ga double barrel traind on me the entire time. Man i will tell you the adrenaline was runnin THICK!! haha . I talked her down and she put her gun up on the tree next to her. We talked for about 10min and i told her i would talk to the boys parents (i still had the 22s) and i did. The situation could have been alot worse. the woman was LIVID to say the least, understandable, and had the crazy eyes goin on when i got there. I honestly think she would shot or shot at the boys had i not gotten over there. She was that pissed. NEways, im back off to work and will yak more after while. blood pumpin just thinking about it. Lata
Old 07-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 22lr issues

Man, I think my heart would've jumped out of my chest if I came into a situation like that. Stupidity and insanity all rolled into one potentially deadly package. Glad to hear no one got hurt. If she was pointing that thing at me, I'm not so certain I would've restrained myself as you had. Idiots.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:48 PM

Agreed, If I were packing and someone pointed a loaded boom stick at me with crazy eyes I would have done a John Woo duck and roll, came up firing...... Well maybe not, but I doubt I could have talked her down like that, good job, I'm also glad nobody got shot, especially kids..... We've got enough dead kids in the news as it is, firchissake.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:03 PM

Ya know, situations like that are what makes all of us gun owners look bad. Kids getting careless with guns, nut jobs looking to even the score even though no harm was done. Had she pulled the trigger the story could've made the news across the country and would've made every anti-gunner happy as if Christmas came early for them.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:17 PM

Well maybe not happy, per se. But it would have been a "valid point" for them to make, the bastards.