Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Wich M4?

Old 07-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default Wich M4?

I kinda like M4's and am thining of one for the future, I dont know much about Ar's so im not sure. I saw on the shooting edge site that they sell DPMS, i also know buchmaster makes good Ar's or so Ive read on other site. but im not sure where in calgary i could get one. Wish of these brands are better? more reliable more accurate. other things. anything i should know about either. i realy like the PANTHER™ 16” AP4 POST BAN from DPMS. Im not sure wich bushmaster i like best they all seem so similar. Are there anything i should look for in a AR.

O yeah and scince these are resticted weapons. what kinda of transpot permits must i get and do i needa new one everytime i take it out?

any info is muchly apperciated

heres a pic of DPMS

Old 07-08-2005, 07:49 PM

Default RE: Wich M4?

I have owned both bushmaster and DPMS AR's. I had no complaints with either one. I would probably lean towards the DPMS, but both would serve you well.

I know nothing about laws in Canada, so I can't help you out. Sorry

Good luck
Old 07-08-2005, 08:40 PM

Can't help you with firearms laws in Canada either. But the best AR-15 type rifles available are: Colt, Armalite, Bushmaster, and Rock River. The best value of the four is Rock River. DPMS makes servicable guns, but their bolt carrier assemblies are sometimes troublesome. They will usually make it right if you get a bad one, though.

The M-4 is a 14" barreled military carbine. Bushmaster puts a 2.5" muzzle brake on theirs to be legal for civilian sales. In the US, you would need a class 3 license to own a 14" barrel rifle.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Bushmaster model XM-15E2. I love it. Only one jam in 3 years caused by the wolf ammo. I don't know why but I prefer my Ruger Mini-14 better.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:44 PM

I to am interested in an m4 and ive done a lot of research on them. Im definatly leaning towards the bushmaster m4a3 (a3 means removable carry handle handle to accomadte optics more easily). You can probably find one new for around 950 if you look around. I would not go with a colt they are over priced and come with 1:7 twists, which unless you wanna shoot heavy bullets is too fast. The bushmaster has a 1:9 twist which is sort of a compromise. If you plan on shooting yotes with it id go with a 1:9 twist.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:46 PM
XTP

...I thought these were now classified as prohibited not restricted ??
I can tell you from owning a handgun though that they have taken the "fun" out of it.You can only travel to and from a gun range where you are a member...thats it.......no trips to a gravel pit,hunting grounds or gopher town.
...so it kinda begs the question: why spend a sh**load of cash on a rifle you could only use to punch paper at the range.?
Old 07-09-2005, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SPIKEHORN11

I have a Bushmaster model XM-15E2. I love it. Only one jam in 3 years caused by the wolf ammo. I don't know why but I prefer my Ruger Mini-14 better.

wolf ammo in a AR??? how could you thats like burning the american flag a big no no!!! that junk powder they use in their ammo clogs the hell out of the gas tube of an AR eventually after around 3,000 rounds of wolf ammo you will have to re-do the whole gas system if you keep using wolf............ an AR of any make with good ammunition and regular cleaning should last 10,000 rounds before you have to do anything to the gas system.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: XTP

...I thought these were now classified as prohibited not restricted ??
I can tell you from owning a handgun though that they have taken the "fun" out of it.You can only travel to and from a gun range where you are a member...thats it.......no trips to a gravel pit,hunting grounds or gopher town.
...so it kinda begs the question: why spend a sh**load of cash on a rifle you could only use to punch paper at the range.?

now you know why I call your country Canadumb....................... Id go insane there with those insainly stupid gun laws your government writes.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:50 AM

this is the one i just bought. I have owned Olyarms, DPMS, and Armalite. My friend cliff has a Bushmaster. I shot this gun at the range about 100rds and was in love with it. RockRiverArms also has the current military contract. They make a FINE weapon

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/prog....asp?Prodid=96
Old 07-09-2005, 09:56 AM

Oh and there is no transport law that i am aware of in Texas. Most of the cops, when i have been pulled over wanna see it and some follow me to the range because they wanna shoot it. I sold my OLYARMs to one of them after he shot it. I know you cant transport the 30rd loaded, atleast before teh ban dropped not sure about now tho. We hog hunt with them sometime (30+rd) and have had no problems from gamewardens or police.

Quick Reply: Wich M4?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.