Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ignorance was bliss at the Wal-Mart last night... >

Ignorance was bliss at the Wal-Mart last night...

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ignorance was bliss at the Wal-Mart last night...

Old 07-01-2005, 06:41 PM

Default RE: Ignorance was bliss at the Wal-Mart last night...

Yeah, the walmart people dont know anything.I asked one guy if they had any s&w500 in stock.He said, "Whoa,you have a 50 cal? Thats huge! But sorry,we dont have any ammo for assault weapons.......just normal guns." What a bloomin idiot. And he was standing right infront of several boxes of 223rem, and 7.62x39mm. A 5 shot assault weapon huh?
Old 07-03-2005, 12:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's not just WalMart that has this problem, you can also find a idiot working at any Sportsman Warehouse during the day. I do like to shop at Sportsman's but I know what I want and don't ask for much help. I have taughtseveral employees in my archery education class that werenew to bowhunting.Mostwere very nice down to earth people and we are now friends. But afew had theadditude that they were onlyin my class because the IDF&Grequired it. And there was nothing that I or anyone could teach them about archery or hunting, because they worked at sportsmans and they knew it all about hunting.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

No matter what forum i o one, there's plenty of posts complaining about the big box stores and walmart. Funny that with everyone complaining, there must still be folks going to these businesses. Same forums have people complaining about high prices at thier local gun shops, well geee, if their customers are doing thier buying at walmart to save a few bucks, then yeah, the local guy is gonna have to make that up somewhere. I'll gladly pay the extra at the LGS to get personal knowledgeable service and know that if a problem arose, I can more than likely get it taken care of there. i know if I need a particular item, he can proberly find it for me thorugh his channels. I know he's in it for business to have an income but also becaue it's an area he enjoys and not just a place to work for a simple paycheck. Ya go to the Marts to sace a few bucks and get crappy service, got no sypathy for ya. Just like buying a particualr firearm, you get what ya pay for with service as well. Take care of the small LGS guys nad they';ll in turn take care of you - at least the good ones will.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:44 PM

I'll never use see through sights because they are UGLY! PERIOD!
Old 07-07-2005, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like I said before, I never rely on a clerk at any store, to do my research for me. When I walk in to make a major purchase, or even a minor one, I've done my homework first. Got burned too many times when I was younger.[:@] Yeah, I'll still go to the Wally World, but I know what I wantand how much it should cost before I walk in. By the way, Wally World doesn't always have the best prices, so don't assume that when you walk in.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:56 PM

The local walmart near me has a bunch ofidiot/mean hunters/shooters...lol really...i went there with my friend one time when we were younger looking at all the different types of shooting accessories...not touching...looking...the guy at the counter came up to us...He said you two are not old enought to be into this stuff...i was polite and didn't say anything...i was like omg...i wasn't touching...then one time i was going to buy .22lr with my parents there...the guy again couldn't find it and i gave him specific directions were it was...i could see it and i didn't have my glasses...after that i said .22lr and he handed me a box of .22 mag...i was like umm i need .22lr sorry...and then i wanted .223 another time and the lady kept handing us the box of .22-250 and i was like umm im soryr but i need .223 and she was like oh...im sorry here...and she wasn't friendly about it...downright rood...but off the topic of shooting...my parents were buying me a paintball barrel...they were in a different part of the store, and i was scoping out which one i wanted and i was holding it and a lady came up to me and said im sorry sir...you need to be 18 to buy that...i was like umm thats okay cuz my parents are going to buy it...i mean i could see if it was ammo or a firearm or something dangerious or harmful...but what are you going to do with a paintball barrel?...just the barrel?...use it is a blowgun?!?...i mean come one...some people just need common sense...i mean i know what i could and could not purchase legally and i wasn't trying to break the law, but i mean a paintball barrel by itself is harmless...but thats just my 2 cents...
Old 07-11-2005, 05:40 AM

The walmart near me doesn't carry much hunting supplies and for a while wouldn't bring what few guns they have out of the back room. I asked the woman behind the counter where were the guns and she gave me a smart ass answer that if you want a partictular one we will go get it for you to look at.

Old 07-12-2005, 08:12 AM

I use Gander Mountain, They tend to have people who know what they are doing and reasonable prices. I got my Springfield XD at $100 below list there, so I'm happy.