Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Pocket size pistola >

Pocket size pistola

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Pocket size pistola

Old 05-25-2005, 10:57 AM

Default RE: Pocket size pistola

Let me add my endorsement to the Kel Tec's. I have a 9MM and a .32. The .32 is so flat and light that I can carry it in a shirt pocket. For years I looked for a compact .22 semi auto - none of them (even the Beretta) were completely reliable. The Kel Tec is a bigger caliber and has never malfunctioned.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been shopping around a little and though I haven't fired these (below) what I'm hearing about the Kahr's from those who have fired them, own them, or have written about them they are pretty good choices.
Specifically the PM series in both the 9mm and the 40 S&W

http://www.kahr.com/pistols_9mm.html
and
http://www.kahr.com/pistols_40sw.html#40sw

They also come in the combo color with black frame and light colored stainless slide
Old 05-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I get my new job I am gonna get a Walther PPK/S in .380. I held it at Gander Mountain and it fits in my hand perfectly.It is real slim and light. But until I can get a Carry permit I will hold off on getting one.But it is tempting everytime I see it.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:44 PM

I've had a S&W 6906 - good gun. My current is a Sig239, 9mm. But, if I wanted smaller
I'd get another PPK/S 380acp. They're made by S&W now, I think, but I've not heard anything bad about that (except for those who are still anti S&W).
The PPK/S I had was an Interarms model (stainless). I had no problems with it after the first couple hundred rounds to break her in. Carried with Federal Hyda-shoks.
Practice ammo was the Federal Amer. Eagle stuff (FMJ), 95gr. I think. The PPK/s and
380acp is about as small as I'd care to go.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:48 PM
Fork Horn

Rebel hog, Missed Another & Roscoe; Thank you, had the Kel tek in my hand today & I believe this is the pistola I'm looking for. I almost gave a deposit but I want to see a few more.
Salesman at GM actually told me to look at a North american? I beleive is the name or something similiar to that. (Good people there, to refer you out of store) and I will look at the Berreta smally also.
The Walther is very nice in the hand;( I really like the grip! ) but much bigger than my pocket.
Swamper ,Thanks for the reply & pic ,I like revolvers alot but the cyl. is just to bulky compared to the autos.
Never thought I'd enjoy shopping so much.
I have learned a large amount from the people in this forum; Thanks you all !
Old 05-26-2005, 10:34 PM
Dominant Buck

NY, the devil does'nt know alot because he's the devil........but because he's old.
Glad you like it! You won't be sorry if you buy it!
Old 05-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

Beretta Tomcat .32 it reliable, small and easy to shoot.........just my 2cents......
Old 05-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have carryed a Kel-tec P11 for years.
I use Rem 124 gr +p Golden Saber

I have shot 5-6000 rnds thru it .
Mostly reloads and not +p
Never had any problems except for the mag I droped on the lips.

Johnch
Old 05-29-2005, 10:48 AM

I have a kel-tec P40 same as the P11 but in 40 cal. I don't think they make the p40 anymore, I bought mine used. I like mine a lot and it is great for Concealed carry. What I like is that it is a very small gun in a larger caliber and still holds a fare amount of rounds. P40 holds 9 rounds in the mag and one in the chamber. I think the P11 holds 10 in the mag and one in the chamber. Humm, it just occurred to me that 10+1=11 I wonder if that is where they got the model number or P11?
Old 05-29-2005, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've carried the Kel-tec 9mm since they first came out. It has been great and I've shot the s**t out of it. Never a problem. I have the nifty Kel-tec belt clip accessory on it which is quite handy. For me it fits the pocket pistol job pretty nice, I don't usually wear dress slacks or anything like that, just jeans, flannel shirts and carhart jackets and vests, so it is easily pocketed. I've got a Kel-tec .32 for dress up.

I think an essential part of a true pocket pistol is that it has no hammer or a bobbed hammer. Otherwise, no matter what your trying to draw, it just might not get out of your pocket very well, or at all.

Uncle Matt (in IL)

Quick Reply: Pocket size pistola

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.