Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

Scam

Old 05-18-2005, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Scam

I recently found someone trying to scam me. All the info that I have is thier email. Where can I report this?

Tom
Old 05-19-2005, 01:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scam

what was the email address? someone tried to scam me too......
Old 05-19-2005, 05:30 AM

me too i have been getting alot of them lately. there seems to be an enormous amount of scamming going on lately. i also keep getting atleast 2 a week e-mails saying i have added a new e-mail address to my pay-pal account and every e-mail is different. when i try to answer them to tell these fools off the e-mail gets kicked back
Old 05-19-2005, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

The persons email address is [email protected]. He was pushing this buysafe.com way to make the purchase. Be careful!

Tom
Old 05-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

the scam i got was a IM i got on yahoo, the guy stated he wanted to buy a gun off an individual off here on hunting.net but because he lives in south africa he needed me to purchase it then he would reimburse me with a cashiers check made for 200 dollars over the price of the gun after
he recieves the gun, i guess 200 dollars payment for helping him out............ I told him he was full of it and that he needed to .......... off and not bother me again, havent heard anything back from the moron.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:06 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: HighDesertWolf

the scam i got was a IM i got on yahoo, the guy stated he wanted to buy a gun off an individual off here on hunting.net but because he lives in south africa he needed me to purchase it then he would reimburse me with a cashiers check made for 200 dollars over the price of the gun after
he recieves the gun, i guess 200 dollars payment for helping him out............ I told him he was full of it and that he needed to .......... off and not bother me again, havent heard anything back from the moron.
They are running the same scam on kennels. They say they will mail you a cashiers check for some large amount and when they send their 'private shipping' company, give the shipping company the cost of the dog + vet fees. They want you to do it all on the same day. Well, they send a fake cashiers check or cancel payment.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:00 PM

at least 3 times a week i get those scammers. people with too much free time should not own computers lol
Old 06-21-2005, 10:24 PM

try www.fraude.com
Old 07-06-2005, 12:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Ridge Runner

y'alls only makin 200.00? check this copy/paste from an email I got

ATTENTION:
HANG SENG BANK LTD,
HONG KONG.

Let me start by introducing myself. I am Mr. Chou Mui Assistant Director Of Operations of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd,Sai Wan Ho Branch,171 Shaukiwan Road Hong Kong.

Before the U.S and Iraqi war, our client Hamadi Hashem a business man made a numbered fixed deposit of (346,736,899.68 HKD) for 18 calendar months, this is valued to Fourty Four million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars only in my branch. Upon maturity several notice was sent to him, even during the war, two years ago (2003). Again after the war another notification was sent and still no response came from him. We later found out that Hamadi Hashem and his family had been killed during the war in bomb blast that hit their home at Mukaradeeb where his personal oil well was.

http://www.iraqmemorialwall.org/iraqicasualties.html
http://www.iraqbodycount.net/names.htm

After further investigation it was also discovered that Hamadi Hashem did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including the paper work of his bank deposit. And he also confided in me the last time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank. So, Fourty Four million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it. What bothers me most is that according to the laws of my country at the expiration four years six months the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds.

Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Hamadi Hashem so that you will be able to receive his funds.

WHAT IS TO BE DONE:

I want you to know that I have everything planned out so that we shall come out successful. I have contacted an attorney that will prepare the necessary document that will back you up as the next of kin to Hamadi Hashem , all that is required from you at this stage is for you to provide me with your Full Names and Address so that the attorney can commence his job. After you have been made the next of kin, the attorney will also file in for claims on your behalf and secure the necessary approval and letter of probate in your favour for the move of the funds to an account that will be provided by you.

There is no risk involved at all in the matter as we are going adopt a legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary documents. Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning this issue.Once the funds have been transferred to your nominated bank account we shall share in the ratio of 70% for me, 30% for you . Should you be interested please send me your full names and current residential address and I will prefer you to reach me on the email address below.
E-mail:[email protected]
And finally after that I shall provide you with more details of this operation.

Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Mr. Chou Mui.
E-mail:[email protected]

that 30% amounts to 13.5 million bucks, right some towelhead is gonna give me 13.5 mil for setting him up an account here in the states, sound like a deal!
RR
i got 2 emails of the like. one said this ladies husband died, and i was in his will. the other just said i won 44 million from microsoft. i took one look at these and thought bulls*it. they immediately went on my spam list.