Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Kansas fishing

Old 04-02-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Kansas fishing

Hello I'm a college student originally from Iowa but I'm going to college down in Kansas and am planning on getting a fishing liscence down here. Anyway I was wondering if anyone could tell me what's the best to fish for down here? what kinds of baits work best? and what's the best eating down here? Any advice on fishing Kansas waters would be helpful.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:22 PM

Default RE: Kansas fishing

So from the sounds of it no one in this forum really fishes Kansas much, but I think I'm getting it figured out. This last week I caught my first two fish in Kansas water ever. The first was just a little one pound cat, but the second was this nice 8 pound 27 inch cat.

Old 04-27-2005, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fishadict nice to see ya getting back on here. Looks like the fishing is going well down there. When you gonna come back up here and do some real fishing though. Lol.. Anyways, you need to take the hunters safety course so I can take you turkey hunting next spring. Oh to answer your question....the fishing in kansas is ok but the walleye are biting great in Clear Lake.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:20 PM

yeah I know the fishing in Kansa is only ok because that cat is about the only real thing I've caought down here I've been skunked the last couple times I went out so i need to find some new place to start fishing
Old 04-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude dont you know who this is?!?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:48 PM

Yeah jep I know who this is. It would be nice to be back home were at least I know the arae well enough to know were to fish. Dude down here I can't even go chubbin because all the streams close by are not constant enough flowing to sustain chub population.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks dude. When you coming home man. Check your email so you can reply to me. Do you have msn or yahoo messenger. I can get on msn at like 9 if you do.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:44 AM

Not sure where your going to school. I fished Kansas all my life and know a few good spots around the state. Kansas has good opportunities for walleye, white bass, wipers, and crappie and cats. White bass should be moving into the rivers for spawning NOW. When I was at KState I had the best luck on whites during spring semester finals time (hard to study when the fish are biting). Crappie are on or near the banks in most lakes now for spawning as well. Walleye and hybrids are done spawning and can be found on points and flats in the big waters. Hope this helps.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:34 PM

I go to MCC which is right across the street from KState. I know that people have told me the crappie haven't spawned yet and are late this year and I also read that the white bass haven't spawned quite yet either. But it should be anyday now when they start. I was wondering where around Manhattan you had success fishing. That catfish I caught out to Rocky Ford and that is the only place I've really had much success.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:32 PM

If you have a little boat the river pond isn't bad for saugeye. I did the best on whites up on spring creek which is on the NE side of the lake. It's a small little creek that feeds into the blue. It's a haul up there but I liked it because I was usually the only one there and when the whites were running could catch a small stringer full on road runners. Have you tried Pot county lake #2. I had a little boat that I took out there a lot and had fun catching 1-2 lb largemouth. Good luck. Milford is great also, but again you'll need a boat to make the best of it. It's good for about everything.

Quick Reply: Kansas fishing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.