Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

topwater

Old 02-25-2005, 09:15 PM

Default RE: topwater

Buzzbaits work awesome when the bass are up in the flooded timber..i like the Booyah buzzbaits, all black with a clacker. they got those new bill dance super long ones out, but i think they're a gimmick. ill probably eat my words on that one. Zara spooks, rapala skitterwalks, and High Rollers are great. replace the hooks on your spooks because they're not all that great. the rapalas have great hooks and high rollars have gamakatsu's. the Devil's horse is a great prop bait. pop-r's, skitter pops, both the same thing. George Cochran told me he likes a bait called the Boy Howdee. prop bait. says they do a number on bass.

slayer
Old 03-02-2005, 05:27 PM

i make my own buzzbaits, they are some of the best topwater for me. I use buzzbaits, torpedoes, zara spooks, and poppers in no particular order, just whichever works. I also love to use a spinnerbait like a buzzbait just under the surface, its real fun.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:03 AM

Bigbass191 walkn the dog is real fun.Keep practicing it and you will get it down quick.All I really use now.Like was said cast and let it sit until the ripples disappear,twitch it and get ready.Biggest bass I ever got hit it before I got to do anything to it.Zara spooks,zara puppys, excalibur spit n images and rapalas skitter walks are all awesome lures.Good in 1 foot to 30 feet of water.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:32 PM

The best topwater bait I have used for bass is the Jitterbug and a close 2nd is the Hula Popper.I like to use them at dusk or during the night and all you hear is a splash and you never know how big until you get it in.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Zara Spook is my fav but the varoius pooper style lures are good too.