Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Trout advice

Old 06-22-2004, 06:10 PM

Default Trout advice

Hey I am going this awesome lake next summer. It's called Lake Olallie, in Oregon. I am going next week, which is the supposedly best time to catch fish. The only fish i am aware of that they catch there Rainbow Trout. It is not uncomman to catch between 6-12 pounders there. With the record being 17 1/2 pounds!!!! What bait, hook size, spinners... ect would you suggest? I am of course bringing worms and prob. size 12 or so hooks, but that is all that i have so far. I also picked up a Rat-L-Trap (tiny trap) lure. It is 1/8 oz and said it was for trout. I thought what the hell, and got it. But besides that i have nothing else so far. I will prob. make a trip to Sportsmans Warehouse and talk to them tomorrow about what to use also. But you guys are really good at giving fishing advice, so i thought I would run it by you.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:32 PM

Default RE: Trout advice

Sounds fun man, I'm from Georgia and all they have there it seems like is Trout. I went mostly on the Chadahochee River, those Trout were smaller than the ones your talking about. I found that Rooster tails, night crawlers, corn and various jiggs. I had my Zebco Legacy 33 most of the time and useally 12lb. test with a medim sized hook like used use on Bass in a Public or Local Lake thats regulary fished out. This probally won't be any help for what your trying to catch, sorry. Good Luck anyway