Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

New (OLD) Boat

Old 06-11-2004, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default New (OLD) Boat

I just got a 14" aluminum boat with a trailer and a 9.9hp Evinrude motor for $200!
Unfortunately, my neighbor passed away this past winter. I have been mowing his widow's lawn for the past couple of months and she asked me if I would want it. ABSOLUTELY! It's nothing fancy, but it will do the trick. It's a 1966 Alumacraft that was primarily used for fishing the CT river the past 15 years. It has some patch work and isn't pretty, but as long as it floats I'll be happy!
Being a young 25 year oldguy with a wife who is ready to give birth to our first daughter in about 3 weeks, she certainly had my best interest and hobbie / passion in mind.
Now, we've gotta get out and catch some fish!
Old 06-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Matriarch Doe!

Default RE: New (OLD) Boat

Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your daughter and on the boat! Good deal! New, used, pretty, or already broke in....a boat's a boat!
Old 06-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Western, if you're like me and just fish local inland lakes, most of the time that is all you need. My 14' has a 10Hp on it. I fixed it up alittle with redwood seats, cooler that hot aluminum in the summer, a bow mounted trolling motor, an anchor mate, manual model and a fish locator. It aint the boat that catches the fish !!!!
Congrats !!!
Old 06-12-2004, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats a good deal im hopeing to stumble across a deal like that sometime soon i just want a gheenoe or a john boat with a motor and a trailer so i can duck hunt and fish it aint gotta be pretty just something that floats
Old 06-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

It aint the boat that catches the fish !!!!
Congrats !!!
Amen to that. I have a 16 foot aluminum crestliner with a 50 hp evinrude on it. The boat is 15 years old. I have it all rigged up for fishing. Trolling motor, fish finder, live well, downriggers, rod holders, etc........... I love those big rigs with all the gadgets that troll right along side of me as we're putting a hurting on the fish and they are looking in their binocs at our set up. HEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHE.

congrats on your 1st child.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

that is a heck of a deal, it should work great for any inland fishing!! Comgrats on the little girl coming up, it will be crazy for awhile but worth it. It is the best experience out there and my little girl is starting to act like she wants to hunt and fish with daddy, it will be a lot of fun.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:20 AM

I picked up a mid 70's Evinrude 5 years ago for my 14' Sea Nymph. Darn thing starts first or second pull every time. Take a little care of the motor and she will take care of you. Now the daughter.....that is going to require much more care.....the good part is that the rewards are endless. Congrats!
Old 06-17-2004, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well Guys... The daughter came a little early! She is 3 weeks early, but my wife just gave birth to a 5lb 10oz 20 & 1/4" beautiful girl yesterday at 2:24pm! It was amazing.
Thanks for all the kind words...
Old 06-17-2004, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the boat and the daughter. I just bought a new (to me)1999 triton with a merc. 175 for tournaments
Old 06-20-2004, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats! If your fishing large lakes the little motors are just too slow for me. I plan on up grading to a larger boat and motor because it takes too long to get anywhere. I have a 1963 16' Crestliner with a 1975 25HP motor. I will miss the full camper top though!

Quick Reply: New (OLD) Boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.