HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   Favorite fish to catch??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/56699-favorite-fish-catch.html)

Carpmaster 03-23-2004 09:40 AM

Favorite fish to catch???

Just wanting to get something started, what is your favorite fish, to fish for and catch?:eek:

NY Bowhunter 03-23-2004 12:39 PM

RE: Favorite fish to catch???

Smallmouth Bass for me!!!:D Pound for pound the best fighting fish there is!! Nothing like a lake that's like glass just before sunset and quietly skipping a topwater bait across the water to see a smallie explode on it. BBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR gives me the goosebumps.

mauser06 03-23-2004 01:25 PM

trout and catfish here.....trout are the prettiest fish that swims....and they are fun to catch.....and smarter them most fish........catfish are about the ugliest fish that swims and they get huge......and id bet a 3lb catfish is stronger then a 3lb smallie!! smallies are fun to catch but nothing compared to a cat....thrashing its head...rolling trying to run to the depths where it came from.....once i caught a 30 inch flathead from shore...i got it close to the shore and it rolled thrashed its head flipped its tail and took off....absolutely soaked me when he whipped his tail.....i played him brought him back up had him beached in the shallows and he did it again....only closer.....i got soaked again......then finally i got him in......it was crazy.....after the trout stop feeding heavily i go right into catfishing....nothing like the warm summer nights sitting along the river...lantern hissing....then WHAM!! your rod almost flys in the water.......the fight is on!!! i love it.....i used to love smallie fishing when i was younger.......and still do.....but trout and catfish are my favorites....

jepcho 03-23-2004 02:07 PM

Catfish!!! I do also really like Walleye and Bass.

Hiawatha 03-23-2004 02:08 PM

I personally love walleye fishing. I fish a river system here in saskatchewan that is known across canada for producing big eyes. The spot is about an hour from my farm so i usually cut a deal with the bait shop there and they keep my boat in their compound all summer. There is nothin like getting off work at 5 pm and driving up there with a few buds and fishing that night and camping out for the night. Each time we go out fishing at least one person in the boat lands a walleye over 7 pounds so there are some real lunkers. We usually keep a few smaller guys and pull up onto the bank for a shore lunch. That is the best fish you will ever taste is fresh caught walleye. I guess the the fish there are high in mercury but i'm not glowing too much yet so i'll keep on fishin and eating the walleyes. here is a pic of me a few years ago fishing the saskatchewan river with a nice walleye..

Charlie P 03-23-2004 02:17 PM

Love to fish for walleye. Love to catch Salmon.

ErieBassin 03-23-2004 07:03 PM

Rite On NY Bowhunter, Smallmouth bass are by far the toughest pound for pound fish to catch. Southern Largemouth bass are fun as well.

rattlem 03-23-2004 07:40 PM

Live in Oklahoma where Largemouth are the kings. Got to agree with NYB I will never miss a chance at a smally, fightenist darn fish going.

Tree climber 03-23-2004 07:55 PM

I really have two types that I love to catch.these are longeared sun fish.(redbreast)

these are channel and blue cats.

these are from the suwannee river,just above the mouth.

stick flinger 03-23-2004 09:13 PM

the almighty pac.n.w. steelhead, nothin fights like a 12- 18# 4 salt chrome winter steely..
secondly would salmon with the chinooks (kings) and coho (silvers).