HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   They were biting pretty good yesterday...pics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/55382-they-were-biting-pretty-good-yesterday-pics.html)

SpringHillFarms 03-08-2004 08:52 PM

They were biting pretty good yesterday...pics

The bass were biting pretty good yesterday though I think we're still a week or so away from seeing them on the bed. The fish I caught were mostly on structure out in 4'-6' feet of water. Caught these in our private pond on a purple Culprit worm. They're all still swimming today. Here are a couple of pics I hope you enjoy:

mrfritz44 03-09-2004 05:23 AM

RE: They were biting pretty good yesterday...pics

Excellent fish! You got any room for my family and me to live for a couple months or so to test out the southern waters? I've been thinking about coming home to my southern roots since I got out of college and if you post any more March pics of catching bass in lightweight coats it may happen! Its cold up here[:o]

Good so that settles it.........my wife's packing the car. Just pass on the address and we'll be on our way.

Fritz

NY Bowhunter 03-09-2004 07:11 AM

WOW very nice fish!! You dang southerners. Makes me jealous. Nice job!!;)

Allen Denton 03-09-2004 10:59 AM

Nice fish, here in South east VA I tore em up last weekend. A buddy of mine and I caught 17 fish that were all above 2 1/2 lbs. My buddy jigged the whole time and I switched between lizard and worms. He caught on about 7 1/2 and my biggest one was about 5. I will take pictures next week and probibly be skunked but I wil try and get some pictures.

farmcntry 03-09-2004 01:26 PM

Nice fish. They are hitting well on buzz baits here as well.

SpringHillFarms 03-09-2004 08:25 PM

Come on, Fritzt! Meet me at the pond Saturday morning!:D

Nate58102 03-09-2004 09:22 PM

Nice but i dont really get into bass fishing that much i fish for walleyes. But i guess i have fished a few times for smallmouths

SchuylkillOutdoorsman 03-10-2004 03:00 AM

Nice Bass! Something that size up here is close to a trophy. I can wait to get out there and start hitting some nice bass.

PAHUNTER21 03-13-2004 10:04 PM

NICE FISH! Still pretty cold here in PA. [:@]

titleist_03 03-14-2004 07:32 AM

I went down to my uncles in Texas last week and we fished lake Fork Wednesday. We fished for 10 hours and only caught 5 bass. Biggest one was his 6 lbs. First time I've ever been down there but its an awesome place with some huge fish. He said the water was still a little cold and the weather was crap while we were down there. Low 60's and windy. We were confined to two coves the whole day trying to stay out of the wind.