Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 favorite trout baits....... >

favorite trout baits.......

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

favorite trout baits.......

Old 01-31-2004, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default favorite trout baits.......

what does everyone perfer to fish moving water for trout??? ive only used rooster tails and did good......so this year i got all kinds of spoons panther martins blue fox inline spinners.....and more roostertails ofcourse......but what do you guys perfer and what color seems to do good for you? im talking little brown brookies and maybe some rainbows.....some native brookies and maybe a few wild browns and rainbows...but most will be stockers if i cant find these wild trout streams that are supposed to be around here........anyone want to share??? thanx......ill say mine even though i just switched to lures....a 1/24oz or 1/16oz black roostertail with a silver blade.... did good last year....so did white with a silver blade......but i didnt get to trout fish much last year.......but enjoyed lures more then bait so im switching to lures and flyfishing.....anyone else want to share? im looking to build a nice arsnol.....i mean i have more then enough.....but you know....you can never have to many fishing lures.....even though an inline spinner is an inline spinner and the fish dont care what brand it is i like to have a little of everything.....
Old 02-01-2004, 12:55 PM

Default RE: favorite trout baits.......

worms
Old 02-03-2004, 09:22 PM

whole kernal sweet corn
Old 02-04-2004, 11:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

worms
egg sacks (orange or yellow)
colored marshmallows
Old 02-04-2004, 04:01 PM

For lakes and pond trout:A variety size of Jointed Rebels,floaters and divers.
For lake trout:a lake clear wobbler or a chrismas tree rig with a big chunk of nightcrawler behind,trolling deep or depends on the water temp.
The rebels I use are black on top and silver on the bottom and closely resemble smelt.
Trolling with a fly rod:I have success with a 1 1/2 inch Mickey Finn
Old 02-04-2004, 04:04 PM

Oh, you wrote,"moving water",then exactly what NYBH uses.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

worms always work good for me
Old 02-07-2004, 06:11 PM

Yo-Zuri Pins Minnow

I swear, this is the BEST trout lure that I have ever used. I use to be sold on Roostertails until I started using these lures. I have fished them beside live minnows and I actually caught more fish on the Yo-Zuri, both my 21-3/4" and 18-3/4" brown trout from this past spring were caught on this lure.

If you really want to catch trout, especially pressured trout, try this lure out, you will not be disappointed. The gold is probablly the best color, but the purple and rainbow are good also. For the best results, I cast down stream and violently twitch it back up stream. The more crazy the action, the more fish you will catch! If the fish are being really sluggish, I cast it it straight accross the stream and real it in VERY VERY VERY slowly, just fast enough to move it, but slow enough to have it right at the surface!!!

Also, another proof that this lure is everything that I am saying..... This past spring I found a MONSTER rainbow in a highly pressured trout stream. The first day I found him, I cast out and on the first cast, he nailed my Pins Minnow. Well, I was using 3.3# test and this rainbow was atleast 24" long! Well, he broke my line. My best friend and I fished for that trout for about two months. That fish broke our line 5 times and we had him hooked probablly about a dozen times just to have him spit the lure. These trout don't get this big by being dumb, but he just couldn't resist a gold Pins Minnow!

I probablly caught around 500 trout this spring on the Yo-Zuri and I released all buy 2!!!
Old 02-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

buckmagnet good to ehar from you........i actually bought one this year already just because of you......mines a purple one......im going to try it out this year......i took some stuff i bought for my old car back to walmart and it was like i didnt even have the money.....so i bought fishing stuff with it all and it was like getting free stuff because i bought the car parts a long time ago.....so i decided id spend a few bucks on the pins minow since you say its so great......ill find out.....
Old 02-09-2004, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

Panther martin #4's in gold and black with 4lb test on a 4.5' ultralight rod. Kills in the mountains down here in VA

Quick Reply: favorite trout baits.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.