Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Sentimental video about my dad's old tackle box... >

Sentimental video about my dad's old tackle box...

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Sentimental video about my dad's old tackle box...

Old 08-22-2020, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Sentimental video about my dad's old tackle box...

Just made a YouTube video this morning of my dad's old tackle box.

My God, I remember back when we had the old late 60's 5½hp Johnson Seahorse outboard, and my dad had spun the prop loose or the cotter pin busted or something was coming loose. We paddled to shore and to our luck, he found a nail in a tree and whittled it out with the pocketknife (the same one I carry all the time), and used the nail to hold the prop back on the shaft of the outboard, so we were able to get back to the campsite. I found that very nail in his tacklebox and couldn't believe it!

So many fishing lures of his are still in there, untouched, and in the same compartment he left them in. They are priceless, sacred, and can never be fished with again...

Here's the Schrade 787 pocketknife that my dad always carried, you can see how he ground down the one blade (on the left) that busted when he carved the nail out of the tree. I still carry this in my pocket just like my dad did.

Old 08-22-2020, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

As you can tell, my dad passed away back in 2002 and I still miss him dearly. As the only boy and baby of the family, he was all I had.

Anyway, here's a close-up of the lures I mentioned in the video.
Abu Garcia Spinnaren Reflex, made in 1969 (I caught those fish in Lake George with it).
One of my dad's priceless Daredevle spoons with chipped paint from teeth marks from giant Northern Pike.

Last edited by ButchA; 08-22-2020 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Fixed a typo