Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
I have been doing a little fishing. >

I have been doing a little fishing.

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

I have been doing a little fishing.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default I have been doing a little fishing.

I have been doing a little white perch fishing and catching some nice humpbacks. Those fillets are hard to beat. I have been working a lot of hours as usual. This past week went from six days and into six night shifts. During the summer roofing my house. Then last Tuesday I was able to get the day off for a biopsy. I am still waiting for the results of that. My mom had died and had last Saturday night off for her services. So to get my mind off things I went out and caught some really nice perch. I caught twenty one and they started flopping out of the bucket. I am allowed twenty five perch so it was a pretty darn good haul. I filleted them and vacuum packed most of them. Naturally some were fried up with potatoes and onions like a hash. It was awesome and a few fillets packaged for the ENT. He loves them and asked for some more from me. So now I will be waiting for the results of the biopsy. I am hoping for the best naturally. Anyhow here is a few pictures of the fish and what the fillets of them look like.. Some yummy..

Sorry it wouldn’t let me upload the fillets. I will have to try off my laptop later.
Attached Thumbnails I have been doing a little fishing.-eca9e13c-81eb-484a-9515-153038c26199.jpeg   I have been doing a little fishing.-51a4c9dd-967e-40a5-be48-82756b8bb409.jpeg  

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 09-04-2019 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Nice ones Phil! Good catch.

Praying that you hear something positive on the biopsy

-Jake
Old 09-04-2019, 08:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you Jake.. I as well hoping for some good results..
Old 09-11-2019, 01:38 PM
Spike

My condolences to you on your Mom passing away. I hope your biopsy turns out all right.

I normally do a lot of bass and walleye fishing on my favorite river stretches but this year I have extra busy with my computer repair business, the gun club and my new Brittany pup. Consequently I have only got to fish three times this spring and summer.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yesterday I got the best news on my biopsy! The ENT took 8 samples and all came negative for cancer. So thank you both.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Thank the Lord Phil! Glad to hear these results!

You got a buck lined up for this fall yet?

-Jake
Old 09-19-2019, 11:11 AM
Dominant Buck

GOOD DEAL PHIL,,,would have chimed in sooner..but been away..Nice White Perch ya got there..
Old 09-19-2019, 03:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes Jake with a lot of prayers the lord took good care of me.

No no nothing big but I might try to shoot a spike with my bow out back. I have a couple pictures in the trail cam forums.

I am more geared up to try and get my sister a moose. She has a permit and choose me to hunt with here as a sub permittee. She has to be with me and I can shoot it for her if she wants me to. My understanding is that she does..
Old 09-19-2019, 03:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you C-7 those perch are mighty tasty and I gave the ENT that I see a couple of feeds for him and his wife to enjoy. I have given him a feed for the last three years now. I joke with him and told if he can take good care of me I will give you a nice feed of perch for doing so. I am a patient that enjoys and told me it’s because I enjoy life..
Old 09-19-2019, 10:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Very nice..I have an awesome doctor as well...I've found a way to lower the chlestrol in frying fish...don't fry them...smoke them...VERY GOOD just smoked a bunch of crappie and bluegill...1 1/2 hours on both sides..brushed them with olive oil and dill to keep from sticking..used hickory wood...wonderful..I havnt had white perch in over 50 years..we don't get them down here...the yellow ones either.

I still fry bass though because they may have worms so I fillet them...but I found 2 healthy oils..to fry them in,,Sunflower Oil and Light Olive Oil...my favorite is the Sunflower Oil...Walmart 10.00 a gallon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.