Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Best way to cook Bass and Catfish? >

Best way to cook Bass and Catfish?

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Best way to cook Bass and Catfish?

Old 04-30-2018, 09:35 PM
Spike

Default Best way to cook Bass and Catfish?

I'm looking for new ways and recipes to cook Bass and Catfish other than frying them. Any suggestions, or recipes you could share?
Old 05-01-2018, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Shadowfoot
I'm looking for new ways and recipes to cook Bass and Catfish other than frying them. Any suggestions, or recipes you could share?
Blackened catfish is great
Old 05-02-2018, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

Having worked as a guide... Frying is most often the case BUT you requested something else...

Here's a suggestion - Baked Stuffed X you name the boneless fish (although I hate tillapia)

Take a ceramic dish (fairly small), Put the fish is the bottom in say 1/2" layer, add a little butter, stick it in the oven for 10 min at let's guess 350, meanwhile mix up some generic Stovetop of your choosing, dump the stovetop on the fish (maybe a 1/2 inch) and then layer with Velveeta or real cheese of your choice. Broil for 10 minutes watching closely. Take em out and enjoy a treat that can't be beat (IMO)

REM7600
Old 05-03-2018, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awhile back we got a Pyrex or ceramic dish, coated the bottom in olive oil, laid the fish (either fillets or whole, cleaned and de-scaled) on it, added chopped garlic and sliced tomatoes (we like grape tomatoes) and basil (dried or fresh), pour some more olive oil on top, salt+pepper, and bake until flaking.
Really nice with rice. If you do the whole fish instead of the fillets, I'd suggest stuffing the vegetables and herbs inside it.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

I am not big on eating bass, this past year I pickled some bass fillet,s was very good
Old 05-03-2018, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I cooked blackened catfish for a guy that owns a local bar and grill and now he sells it and its a big hit.

Its very simple...Just butter, Louisiana cajun blackened seasoning and a cast iron skillet.

Every bit as good as fried fish.

Its best with fillets off 3lb or bigger catfish
Old 05-04-2018, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

I'm referencing cold water small-mouth. Even large-mouth taken under the ice aren't bad.

Warm water large-mouth OR small-mouth are not optimal.

REM7600

Originally Posted by Hatfield Hunter
I am not big on eating bass, this past year I pickled some bass fillet,s was very good
Old 05-04-2018, 04:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Take some canned sliced potatoes, a sliced up onion ( or a couple), some tin foil, a glob of butter in it, and your fish. Wrap it up with the tin foil and put it on the grill.. Another way if you are having a group over and if you have one of those huge frying pans. Boil some potatoes, the night before if you wish and use the same way as mention above only put it all in the frying pan and cook over a fire pit using just coals from burnt wood.. It makes it more like a big hash that you and company can enjoy..
Old 05-04-2018, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

I have a dry fryer now (obviously at home) and it is awesome with minimal oil.
I'm sending it with my step daughter to school and she may be able to use it and a microwave to live.

The air fryer's are pretty awesome!

We'll buy another after she moves out as a Junior in college.

Pretty proud of her and her accomplishments at 18.

REM7600
Old 05-07-2018, 08:27 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Walleyes are fantastic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.