Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Lake Oahe South Dakota >

Lake Oahe South Dakota

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Lake Oahe South Dakota

Old 04-06-2018, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

Montana Warriors On The Water is a great group of individuals, I have spoke of them on here before, I am very proud to be part of them. I have been fortunate to have been on a elk, upland and turkey hunts with members , both former and current of our armed services. MWOTW is a grass roots organization with NO PAID employees, we are small, but do what we can!
Old 08-02-2018, 06:18 AM
Spike

The Bassmaster Elite series just had a tournament there. Watch some of the highlights to see how they caught them. The lake is gigantic and has a fairly basic bottom composition without much structure (from what I read). IT looks like you will want to tie on a bunch of finesse presentations and rely on your graph to find fish
Old 03-04-2019, 09:32 AM
Spike

Default Lake Oahe

Hey Bud,
New this site so hope this helps, if not sorry about that!!
I fished Oahe all the time years ago but moved from SD and back again and haven't been there yet.
We always said size between the face and Hyw 212, Quantity north of 212.
Had good Salmon, walleye some bass but not a lot of SD people are into the bass fishing and when I was out there last the bass were pushing the wallys off the points and their normal spots, but not sure how it is now.
Hhardrock