Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
IN. DNR Officer drowns >

IN. DNR Officer drowns

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

IN. DNR Officer drowns

Old 02-14-2018, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default IN. DNR Officer drowns

Not sure if this is the correct place. http://fox59.com/2018/02/14/two-men-...ty-campground/

Prayers to both men and thier families. Be carefull on the ice!

Last edited by grinder67; 03-20-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is terrible. I don't ice fish but I am thinking a set of Sospenders would be a good idea when on the ice. I wore them when I sailed from Bermuda to MD on a 42 ft sail boat and you really didn't know you had it on and there is a D ring to hook a life line onto that could be useful on the ice.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:28 PM
Dominant Buck

That is a terrible accident. My sympathies to the families. I ice fish almost every day during our Vermont ice season. My home property is on the lake and it is still frozen out front of the house. Every time I am on the ice I wear a flotation ice fishing suit along with a set of picks. I used to wear an Arctic Armour flotation ice suit but upgraded this year to a newer technology made by Striker. The new Striker Climate suit has zip in liners in both the coat and bibs so it is much warmer, cuts the wind and is water repellent. When the AA suit first came out I was one of the first to buy one and since that time have encouraged all my fishing buds to wear a flotation suit. Most of the serious fishermen now are wearing some form of a safety suit and almost all carry picks to help pull them back onto the ice if they did break through.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:35 AM
JW
Super Moderator

So sad.
I lost a fellow ice fisherman this year too.
His truck went thru the ice. I still sit and stare at the orange warning cones as I have traveled that same path hundreds of times in my own truck. Far heavier than his. Just a true tragedy.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

This is very sad. Prayers for the officer and his family and friends.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is very sad to hear about. The ice has been bad everywhere this year. We have had snowmobiles go threw nearly 2 feet of ice. The ice here is mostly snow ice and during the warm spells it softens up. My thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends..