Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Bass fishing around Tampa area help >

Bass fishing around Tampa area help

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Bass fishing around Tampa area help

Old 03-25-2017, 03:06 PM
Spike

Default Bass fishing around Tampa area help

Hey guys. I'm new here. I live in New England, but I've been coming down to Florida every year to visit my father in Tampa. I love bass fishing and for the last couple years I've been trying to get out and catch some bass while I'm down there. I've heard about all those big Florida strain bass you guys have. Lol. So far, I've had very limited luck in my attempts. I don't have a boat down there so I try to stick to small retention ponds or anywhere that I can get some decent shore access. I've caught some fish, but not really with any consistency because I spend more time looking for places than actually fishing. Are there any places that someone could recomend to me? It's still cold up here and I just want to fish. Lol. I can't afford to pay for a guided trip though. Any help, advice, or direction that anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated. I'm headed down there this week and I'll be in Tampa from the 28th of March to the 7th of April. Again, thanks in advance for any help.
Justin D