Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Central Florida Fishing Report...by me (-; >

Central Florida Fishing Report...by me (-;

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Central Florida Fishing Report...by me (-;

Old 02-11-2014, 01:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Central Florida Fishing Report...by me (-;

The full moon is this Friday. I've hit a couple of local spots that should be hot...both spots have been strike outs. I'm going out again in about one hour. I can't believe a pre spawner is not even active. Yesterday I fished a highly structured lake pitching a worm and Horny Toading the grass...had one taker but wrapped me in sticks. Saddle Creek is very clear this time of the year and I had zero hits. It's also been open to 10 commercial fisherment to nightly cast net for tilapia...that concerns me.Their permits were 3000 bucks each.This just started Feb.1st. I will continue to hammer the shoreline through the year.Being retired will let me enter right into the spawn of bass and bluegill....life is wonderful.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Boated two this morning..one on a Rattle Trap..the other pitching a black worm. At 10:00 my trolling motor quit. I fixed it, burned wire. I had fixed it before but the wire I used was to small...burned right in half..Fish are still not even close to spawning...The ones I caught were 12 inches at best..but still fun. Certainly a time to study the depth finder..found some good spots to try when they are on.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

The Weather is funny everywhere.
It is in the 20's and snowing in NC
It is not normal at all.
I am ready for warm weather.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Thevweather is very pleasant but you would bet the lakes have been fished out..lI can't find them on the. Shoreline or in deeper water.I took both fish home..I need 2 more for a meal..

I did get my garden in..I seriously doubt if we will see another freeze...
Jalopeannpeppers, bell peppers, 5 different types of tomatoes, cantelopes, cucumbers, tons of herbs, onions ..that is it.We love fresh salsa. I also can relishes.

Last edited by Chuck7; 02-11-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good deal about the garden Chuck. Winter Is hitting us hard here in central-Michigan. This will be one of the most severe winters on records. I am looking at the mercury thermometer before work right now and it is -14F. Most of the snow banks are piled above the 8-foot stop signs.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Wow! Thatbis cold...I promiced the Lord I'd use Wed. To fish for men..I walked 6 miles..to our down down park where the homeless chill. I was able to talk with them for 5 hours..let me share with you in short fragments what I learned...

Every homeless person can get 3 meals a day and a place to sleep for free..so don't feel bad when you don't give to the panhandlers...that money is mostly used for drugs or alcohol

2. You don't have to feel shy about sharing Jesus..James one says "The poor of this world are RICH in faith" This is so true..They are in a position where they MUST trust in God

3. Even though they have ne address the postboffice will hold mail for a month...It's called general mail...The homeless check it everyday.

4. Intalked with 2,today who have chosen this life for 20 years..They have never been picked on .

5 They bathe in the lakes at nighttime.

6 They use their W2 forms as kindling...they don't pay taxes

7. The local hospital must treat them although they can't pay a penny.

8. NOTE these are drug and alcohol free homeless..I understand those on alcohol and drugs can be an issue.

9. Plenty of ministries that provide clothes, dentist and haircuts..God is looking out for these folks..One ole Alabama guy gave me a hunting tip..He said..leave your hunting clothes outside on the line a few days to rid of your odors.