Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Who is Ready for Spring Fishing? >

Who is Ready for Spring Fishing?

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Who is Ready for Spring Fishing?

Old 02-18-2014, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

I am ready to to Crappie fish myself.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Gettin close but not quite yet..maybe during the new moon..lost a 3 pounder today on a crankbait right beside the boat...felt good
Old 02-23-2014, 03:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Still ice fishing with my wheeler and driving on 2 1/2 ft of solid ice. Caught a load of perch today and some were slabs. Soon though I will switch up and go after flat fish. The month of March is great for gills, sunnies and crappie through the ice. Spring will come sometime in April when the ice goes out, the toms start to strut and the crappie move into the backwaters which I can access with my jon boat.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:40 PM
Spike

Im ready for some fly fishing. I enjoy fishing for trout in the cold, crystal clear water in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Maybe some spinner rod fishing in our ranch ponds too. We have a big pond we put in but we need to deepen it for fish, than I want to stock it. Right now we have a couple small to medium sized ponds that are ok.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator

Will the Sleet, snow, and cold just go away, Really Go Away.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Been warming up here...raining a lot. Which is the worst cold for me...
Old 03-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Fork Horn

It can not come fast enough. Last year I bought a 10ft fishing Kayak. I could not take it out for In April I had "severely" (Dr's said) torn my maniscus.Well that was unexceptionable, so I never went to the DR about it...It actually happened an hour after my yearly exam...I'm just to busy and had a fence to build, ground to work up and plant ,trees to cut. Then fall was on me..when the pain got too bad I went in. Boom! immediately to a surgeon..hey.. Not until after hunting. So Dec. I had it cut out.
In the mean time I got this kayak and realized...easy to get into...impossible to get out of thanks to the knee...lol trying was a tad funny..and the surgeon laughed out loud when I told him about the kayak...hhhmmm so I can't wait!
Old 03-06-2014, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

went to check a local pond...still froze over its been raining a lot and I figured it would be thawed...but no such luck.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

Creek is finally opened up enough behind the house that I got out the fly rods and rigged 'em up. Gonna try a little pool off the back porch here in about an hour when it warms up a bit more.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pond is half iced over...I went today and no luck...I think they are still sluggish.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.