Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Been catching lot's of fish... >

Been catching lot's of fish...

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Been catching lot's of fish...

Old 09-28-2013, 10:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Been catching lot's of fish...

Been catching lot's of bass...nothing over 6 1/2 pounds this summer. I'm retired now and now I 've been getting some nice panfish. I don't like deep frying anymore because of the fat grams, so i tried smoking my fish..WOW ....they taste great. I caught about 70 bluegills and tilapia yesterday..i only kept 24 to make up three meals.

The bass have been weird...on the day of the full moon...i got 2 sixes and a load of 2 pounders..the next 3 days...not a hit.lol

The fall warblers are down now so i. Bring my binoculars with me...seen some awesome birds,,

last week i went bow hunting...feel real bad. I got a double lunger with an arrow on a 4 pt. could not find him...bummer.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats on your retirementwell deserved, sounds like the fishin has been pretty good, here has been fair, shirley caught an 8 pounder back in may, and that is our biggest this year, the good, our best fishing is starting up now, but we'll only get one more shot at them, that'll be monday morning, and maybe that afternoon, tues oct 1 she is having both knee's replaced, Doc says they are bone-on-bone, and the shots, and gels have not been effective, so her fishing will be over for a day or two anyway, and mine will be limited, but i will really be glad she is finally addressing the issue of her knees, prayers are appreciated

take care Brother, and i will try to run you down by phone in the next week or so, BTW, isn't your deer season fixing to open, got a couple of weeks till open here.....
Old 09-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Prayers for your wife M.T. I hope all goes well for her..

I know they must hurt quite bad right now. I only had one of mine scoped out and the doc recommends replacement on it and the other is not much better. They have been bothering me a lot this summer. I have not had much time to fish. I have been rebuilding almost every thing under my house. Dry rot got to a lot of it and a crawl space I had to dig my way into. I found out the biggest issue was a dryer vent became partially unhooked. At least that is my belief as to the cause of it all.

Anyways I did not mean to steel the thread Chuck. Also congrats on you fishing! It always nice to get out there. I have enjoyed seeing you holding those big bass out on those textings.. I have showed them off at work to a couple of bass fishing folks for yah. They travel with those bass fishing clubs and their jaws about hit the floor.. LOL Again Congrats.

I am sorry to hear about your young buck disappearing on you. It can happen quite easily especially around those swampy areas. Best wishes to you on another chance at one..
Old 09-29-2013, 02:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Great fishing Chuck and I hope your wife gets relief on the knees MT. Fall panfishing is well underway around here and I have caught a limit of twenty five 8 out of the last 9 days out plus lots of fat sunnies and gills to fill the coolers. It will be painful to put the boat away for the season to get ready for hunting but then again hard water season will follow the end of deer season so I have that to look forward to.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey men...i read your replies..thanks ..getting ready for church..will reply in depth later today...love you guys...in the Lord.

C7
Old 09-29-2013, 07:09 AM
Dominant Buck

phil and keith...my phone took a swim..please PM me the number you would like me to text on..

Keith...so sorry to hear about your wife's knees..will be in prayer...congrats on the May 8 pounder..real good fish.

Phil...glad you are saving money by doing your own repairs...we've been cutting cost as well since retiring..been buying what we need..not what we want..still eatting real good though.We visit the farmer's market every Sunday after church.

CI thanks for the reply sir...enjoy that charter fishing trip..we love cod loins..great baked with salsa. I may be going out on a charter as well..

to all, Lord Jesus bless these men as well as myself with a successful hunting season and with safety...We thankyou so much for your awesome creation and will hunt and fish with utmost respect while using your resources.
in Jesus name
Amen
Old 09-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good to hear from you Chuck, glad fishing has been well.

This past weekend the BassMaster All-Star event was on my two home lakes. I watched Hank Cherry throttle the Smallmouth on Sunday to win the event as a Rookie. Very cool. I met several of the professional bass fisherman and every single one of them is a class act.

One thing I have really observed about the world of professional bass fishing is that it is much different than mainstream sports. Professional bass fishing is very good-hearted and these anglers enjoy watching others succeed just as much as themselves. Of course they all would like to weigh-in a notch above the rest, but every angler is in such high spirits and great for the fishing industry. Very proud of what these athletes do for our sport!
Old 10-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Dominant Buck

That's nice to have met those fellows Buck...being retired I'm seeing fishing in a totally different light..than i did last year..

I lost my favorite bluegill rod last week...with. A fixed income..it won't be getting replaced (-; diffently not complaining...my laziness caused the lost. I do enjoy the outdoors..been carrying a pair of quality binoculars and been admiring the fall wood warblers and butterflies...my new fishing spot is wonderful..lots of stick piles and grass lines..the bass are tiny but great place to get a meal of gills or tilapia. Your big salmon in the other thread look great...must be one heck of a fight..

In the Spirit of Christ retirement is wonderful...when not in the spirit most folks worry about money non stop...I am high as a kite. I have 4 Bible studies a day...no TV in our home and have made a ton of friends...i take walks everyday...lift weights and enjoy nature in every aspect...I thank God for this wonderful opportunity....

you look happy Buck...i'm happy for you..Congrats on getting them monster fish IN yhe boat..lol
Old 10-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have read a post from Keith on another site and it appears that his wife doing fairly well right now.. Just thought i would give you a short update.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Dominant Buck

good..very glad to hear that...remind him that i need his cell again..and also thanks for sending yours via PM

C7

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.