Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Another blessed morning.. >

Another blessed morning..

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Another blessed morning..

Old 06-28-2013, 05:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Another blessed morning..

Here are the best 2 out of the 9 that I boated...{ a 5 and a 5 1/2 pounder}They were caught on the ....black trick worm....2 were caught on Rooster Tails and 1 was caught on a a Rattle Trap...

AND I HAD MY LEWES ULTRA LIGHT READY FOR SCHOOLING FISH..{--:

Last edited by Chuck7; 06-28-2013 at 06:19 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very cool! congrats! Do you catch and release or keep them?
Old 06-28-2013, 11:37 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm a catch and release..HOWEVER, if they tasted like trout or walleyes..I'd be keeping them..OR if I was dirt poor..other wise I release them.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
I'm a catch and release..HOWEVER, if they tasted like trout or walleyes..I'd be keeping them..OR if I was dirt poor..other wise I release them.
Cool I do the same...I agree 100% if they tasted like trout Id keep them too I haven't caught walleye yet...maybe its difference in taste buds but I tried bass before and never liked the taste. Some people I talked to while fishing say they love them! I just enjoy bragging about catching them...which takes some skill IMO...I can catch them but Im by no means a pro..I think some of it has to do with being in the right place at the right time...
Old 06-30-2013, 12:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Tomorrow {God willing} I plan to use the drop shot method. I've never caught one on this rig before...

I like the quiet time that is involved in fishing.

I like the multiple ways that bass can be caught.

I like the thrill of a big bass fighting..I hook into a big one about 1 out of 10 fish.

I like looking at the gators, birds and other wildlife as well..

I like finding new structure and honey holes on the depth finder.

I love getting there at about 5:40 AM ...so dark you can't see the line and you have to go by feel..The bite odds raises conciderably in the wee hours of the morning..They tend to be a lot more aggressive then and easier to get to bite.

I love being the only person on the water at that time..My place has no boat ramp..many times I'm the only boat out there..Thank God I have a small 12 foot jon boat..

I love knowing that there are a few 10 pound plus bass in my area..makes it worth my while to make just one more cast..

I love catching them on ultra light gear as well...

I love having fishing derbys with my friends to see how our skills match up.

I really enjoy fishing.

Thank
you Lord for allowing me to enjoy your marvelous creation...
All glory and honor goes to you...my Heavenly Father and best friend.

Last edited by Chuck7; 06-30-2013 at 12:58 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only thing I don't like is early mornings but I know that's when fish bite/animals move...Im always thinking one more cast I catch bass but its more like one big/bigger one for every 20... but its still fun! I like the solitude...if it starts getting crowded I don't really like that..
Old 06-30-2013, 10:03 AM
Dominant Buck

I love the mornings...we don't watch TV so there is no reson to stay up...We do have a flat screen with a DVD/Video hooked up to it though..to watch movies..

I 'm usually up around 4:00 everyday...I enjoy the edge I get on the world..No one is at the lake I fish at at 5:45AM...just me..I'm ready for tomorrow..I'll be bringing about 6 rods..I'm pumped...wanting to try the Drop Shot..The Drp Shot is like flipping in deep water...
Old 06-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
I love the mornings...we don't watch TV so there is no reson to stay up...We do have a flat screen with a DVD/Video hooked up to it though..to watch movies..

I 'm usually up around 4:00 everyday...I enjoy the edge I get on the world..No one is at the lake I fish at at 5:45AM...just me..I'm ready for tomorrow..I'll be bringing about 6 rods..I'm pumped...wanting to try the Drop Shot..The Drp Shot is like flipping in deep water...
good luck! Its still one of the coolest memories deer hunting is hearing the woods "wake up"...
My body is still used to working swing/night shift most of my military career...so you can say Im a night owl...I do get up for deer hunting early though...

I haven't tried drop shot let me know how that works...Have you caught red eyed bass? Only place Ive caught them was in KY...
Old 06-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Dominant Buck

I have caught bass with red eyes up north..they were smallmouth bass I believe.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wilcam47
good luck! Its still one of the coolest memories deer hunting is hearing the woods "wake up"...
My body is still used to working swing/night shift most of my military career...so you can say Im a night owl...I do get up for deer hunting early though...

I haven't tried drop shot let me know how that works...Have you caught red eyed bass? Only place Ive caught them was in KY...
Are you referring to Smallmouth Bass or Rock Bass?

I am guessing Rock Bass, I believe they are commonly referred to as Red Eye's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.