HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   Came in 2nd in bass tourney yesterday.. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/382421-came-2nd-bass-tourney-yesterday.html)

Chuck7 06-23-2013 06:27 AM

Came in 2nd in bass tourney yesterday..

yeah...there were only 2 people fishing it..me and my son Matt for 10.00 LOL

This was my best fish, a 2 pounder .I was pitching..

MAtt was flipping as well....he also boated a 2 pounder..then he started his engine..drove to our faithful rock bar and on his first crankbait cast; game over. She weighed 5 1/2 pounds.

With only 15 minutes left I cranked my butt off but only managed to boat a 1 3/4 pounder ...maybe next time.LOL

m.t.hands 06-23-2013 10:31 AM

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

Chuck7 06-23-2013 10:35 AM

You know what..I'm tickled pink..at this age I'm loving to be beat by my kids. I'm tickled that he actually called me to fish with him..most kids would rather spend their Sats playing with their friends....and I'm glad he beat because he will want to fish again..When you get beat a lot you get weary..He knew he needed a good fish and in the summer time pattern..crankbait is number one IF they will bite..Look at his fish's stomach...they have not been biting..

Appreciate the reply brother Keith,
C7

doetrain 06-24-2013 07:05 AM

Reminds me of when my Dad was alive,we spent a lot of time Bass fishing. Once he passed away I lost intrest because I lost my best fishing Buddy. He could slay bass like a champ taught me all I know about it. Keep it up together and enjoy that quality time with your son. I have a question for you. I have not bought a Bait Casting Reel or Rod in 15 years all I ever used was Ambassador 5000 with a stiff rod for worm fishing. Could you recommend a reasonable bait casting combo for fishing heavy cover with Lizards. Flukes and spinner baits. Thanks

Chuck7 06-24-2013 07:28 AM

Not sure what your budget is sir..or much you plan to fish...that makes a world of difference..or the kind of structure you will be fishing in...

During college we were on a tight budget..and I bought a spinning rod for my wife and I ..29.99 each.We boated countless bass over and many over 5 pounds...

If I were you and could only buy one rod it would be an open faced spin caster. Differntly get one with 2 spools. you can put 20 pound Power Braid on one and 10 poiund Trilene on the other spool. If you like Medium Heavy get a 7 foot Lightning Rod from Walmart..40.00
If you like Medium get a 7 foot Ugly Stick 40.00. and then pick up a Quantum spinning reel...you need to put 50.00 as a mnimum in that reel...The spinning Garcias are junk...good at first and then they wear out fast...

If your diffently sold on the baitcaster ..same rod..but I would have to go on ebay and buy a new Garcia Revo S ....should be about 100.00 even

I haven't bought a reel under 100.00 in a long time so I can't help you with any combos..sorry...I check and see if ebay has a Revo S for ya....wait right here {-;

Here's one..best reel out there for the money in my book..Cast far, strong for cranking..great gear ration..very little backlash'
PS very sorry to hear about your dad dying...that is very sad.
NOTE>>>the seller below has 100% feedback and 14 day return..not bad..I'm tempted like crazy to get it.He has 5 left..sold 10.
OF MAKE OFFER... I made a 70.00 offer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Abu-Garcia-A...item4165d91226

Psylocide 06-24-2013 07:57 AM

Hey... didn't you learn your lesson the last time you gambled? Lol... I'm thinking you actually 'won' this tourney after the story about the last one.

Chuck7 06-24-2013 09:43 AM

What are you doing sir..trying to cause a big stink?

:s8::s8::s8::s8::poke:

Psylocide 06-24-2013 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck7 (Post 4064182)
What are you doing sir..trying to cause a big stink?

:s8::s8::s8::s8::poke:

Haha... no, I've heard that you're plenty capable of that on your own.

:biggrin:

Wilcam47 06-24-2013 01:11 PM

whats good for heavy weeds? I was using frogs and weedless worm the other day but they were either striking before or after the bait...I even slowed it down...then they didn't want anything to do with it..