Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Update on my dog I got last fall. >

Update on my dog I got last fall.

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Update on my dog I got last fall.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Update on my dog I got last fall.

Last fall we got this puppy Min Pin..look at his eyes..totally stuborn..barked all night..ready to export his little black butt right back where he came from..

Last fall I decided to get a dog that looked similar to the Rat Terrier I grew up with. So we chose to pay 100.00 and get this baby Min Pin. He barked all night long and we called the lady to give him back.Phil from Maine told us to hang in there and we would be glad we would .He was correct. My wife rescued him from the cage and let him sleep with her. She has a lung condition and we have separate rooms. WELL, you can not separate these two. The dog likes me and obeys my every command BUT he loves my wife. Where ever she is ..he is. He's the most loyal and smartest dog I've owned. They are high energy BUT will lay down on command. I just recently put this door in for the animals can go out doors to do their business..I can't say enough..the dog is almost human..super personality. A real God sent.

Oh !!! and super watch dog..I guess someone was messing with the vacant house next door last week...Duke FLIES off my wife's bed ..tears through the hallway, slides around the kitchen ...dives through a pet door on the back porch and then through this other pet door racing and barking loudly at 2:00AM to ward off the unwanted intruder. He can get rowdy...I'll take a pic of his rowdy look later..Wholly Cow..this boy shows his teeth. My son brought his Hsuky the other day..he won't do that no more,..To the Min Pin everything is there's ..my wife,,,anything left on the floor and all strangers have a big chance of getting bit...

They are known as the King of the Toys ...can be difficult to train as they are stubborn..{-; unless they like you ..{-; VERY LOYAL ...POSSESSIVE...when you are eating he expects a bite for his hardwork..and he get's what he wants..He is spoiled. He is 14 pounds and pure muscle.

And the possessive Guard Dog look....ouch ..those teeth do hurt.

Last edited by Chuck7; 06-17-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking Pup, I am looking to get a dog soon!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:00 PM
Dominant Buck

I forgot how personalized they become..they really are man's best friend. You probably would do well to get a hunting dog..if i had the opportunities as you do..diffently a hunting dog...probably a bird dog,
Old 06-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
I forgot how personalized they become..they really are man's best friend. You probably would do well to get a hunting dog..if i had the opportunities as you do..diffently a hunting dog...probably a bird dog,
I grew up with beagles... I am a sucker for a runt bunny runner. I will be looking for a small brush pile beagle in the next few years.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Yeah... I love my dog, but he is no hunter. He'll tree squirrels all day, but as soon as I shoot a round... he gone.

I'm thinking about getting a couple of Flu Flu arrows with muzzy small game heads... have him tree squirrels and see if I can't whack a few with my recurve.

My next dog will definitely be a bird dog, but right now, all of the guys I hunt with have great dogs already. They did give me some crap when I got mine because he wasn't a hunting breed... but he's super smart and goes everywhere with us.

Man's best friend indeed.

Update on my dog I got last fall.-img_0262.jpg

Update on my dog I got last fall.-img_0254.jpg
Old 06-18-2013, 08:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Nice looking doggy..(-;

Buck..i had a real good beagle..only touble was..it would not stop chasing rabbits..you had to go get her..
Old 06-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Spike

Those are nice looking dogs. What kind is yours Psylocide?
Old 06-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Stickman12
Those are nice looking dogs. What kind is yours Psylocide?
Border Collie
Old 06-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am glad the little dog has worked out for you and your wife Chuck.. They can be very loyal to their owners when treated right. My mom has a small dog that I teased once and it took me 3 years before it would let me near him again.. The teasing was only something really simple and meaningless.. But, that was all it took.. LOL He is also very protective of her as well.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes sir..i spanked mine once...no more...it hated me for a day and a half...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.