Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
I didn't feel like going out fishing with them... >

I didn't feel like going out fishing with them...

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

I didn't feel like going out fishing with them...

Old 05-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Spike

Default I didn't feel like going out fishing with them...

Do you have problems with boaters drinking?
I wasn't interested in going fishing with him out there and neither was anyone else. This went on for well over a half hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNKcYUPbZlw
Old 05-19-2013, 10:11 PM
Typical Buck

The lake looks plenty big enough to avoid one guy out enjoying his boat differently than some others. If you think that's dangerous you need to navigate a small lake or narrow river full of drunk jet skiers on any holiday weekend!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always drink a few beers when I'm out... of course, I paddle a canoe, so I'm not much of a threat, lol!
Old 05-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

I guess I must have missed something.. From what I got that did not say that they were drunk or not.. I also guess that they were not even trying to fish but, rather trying to have some fun with their boat. That is nothing unusual here. They had the lights on the boat in working order. I guess I never saw an awful lot wrong with it as they stayed well out from shore and away from others.

What bothers me is when some people will take an aluminum open boat full of people at midnight while all are drinking beer. With no lights on the boat at all not even a flash light and no life jackets on.. That is what I call dangerous
Old 05-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Psylocide
I always drink a few beers when I'm out... of course, I paddle a canoe, so I'm not much of a threat, lol!
No threat to me that is for sure.. LOL But, believe it or not if 2 of you are in the canoe drinking beer or anything else that is alcohol
that the guy in back can be charged with OUI/DUI here. They considered the one in back as the driver.. But, it is how our law reads..
Old 05-23-2013, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
No threat to me that is for sure.. LOL But, believe it or not if 2 of you are in the canoe drinking beer or anything else that is alcohol
that the guy in back can be charged with OUI/DUI here. They considered the one in back as the driver.. But, it is how our law reads..
Yeah, I suppose if you were completely belligerent and could be a danger to yourself or the other person in the canoe, then I could see some merit to that.

However, I've never had anyone bother me in a canoe and I've been pretty buzzed up at times. I think the nature of the vehicle determines how the GFP officers will treat the offense. Certainly being drunk in a motorized boat is a more threatening situation for others.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Where I fish at is a family park..an open container is a fine...
Old 05-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Typical Buck

boater kept his distance from others,
dont know why he was doing it,
but seems fine to me,
could have been doing circles so as not to get to close to others,
could be playing and testing boats turning radius
dont know if drinking was involved,
while hard to drive my boat hard, cant get on plane by paddling
i would probably do similar in a controlled environment to test my boats limits.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Psylocide
Yeah, I suppose if you were completely belligerent and could be a danger to yourself or the other person in the canoe, then I could see some merit to that.

However, I've never had anyone bother me in a canoe and I've been pretty buzzed up at times. I think the nature of the vehicle determines how the GFP officers will treat the offense. Certainly being drunk in a motorized boat is a more threatening situation for others.
Here believe it or not if seen they will stop you.. It is the law is what they will tell you.. Myself I think it is kind of crazy on one side of it. But, when you look at the reasoning behind it can be understandable. A large part of the reasoning is the time and hours spent looking for the guy/guys/women that got to drunk and drowned..
Old 05-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Spike

I never thought about the time spent looking for people but we did have a fellow drown in the fall and they didn't find him until spring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.