Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Hybrid Stripers, 4.27.13 >

Hybrid Stripers, 4.27.13

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Hybrid Stripers, 4.27.13

Old 04-29-2013, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hybrid Stripers, 4.27.13

I have wanted to try hybrid bass fashing on Lake Conroe for a while but didnt know where to start. Though I had doubts about hiring a guide, given I had a boat and everything already, I took the plunge and hired The Fish Dude to show us how its done. I couldnt have been more pleased. He was a very professional guide and was very pleasant to fish with. We were at our spot by 7:15 and had 19 fish in the boat by 8:45. We had an absolute blast and caught a bunch of fish. What I liked most was how hard they fought. Once hooked, they would fight and fight and fight. Even after being netted, those hyrbids would flop around in the bottom of the boat making for an entirely new experience just trying to get them in the livewell, lol.

As far as taste is concerned, I now have a favorite fish....HYBRID Striped Bass. It is DELICIOUS!!!!! A very thick fillet with a very clean taste, flaky yet firm, and really absorbs the flavors of the sauce you cook with.

There werent enough hooks for all of the fish we caught, it was a blast!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:49 AM
Dominant Buck

I hear ya..I've gotten about 30 in my life..they are tasty and the most fishingest fish for their size..My biggest was 5 pounds and I thought it was 10...super fighters with razor gills. Good for you partner..been years since I caught one..In Florida they are called Sunshine Bass..I caught most of mine on Whie Rooster Tail Spinners or Jigs..the big one was on a Rattle Trap
Old 04-29-2013, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great time!

I want to eat one now though, lol.