Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Bassin 4.2.13

Old 04-07-2013, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

some good fish guys
Old 04-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks MT ,,,a good friend was wanting me to catch some tilapia...my next game plan is to only take one kind of lure..a lure that will catch tilapia, crappie, bluegill and bass...going back to my first love..the Rooster Tail spinner..Walmart only had 1/4 ounce and smoke body with a red hackle..will. Be using 6 or 8 pound test on light tackle...may go out tomorrow evening...

Will give a report...I know the tilapia love the little Panther Martns...may go that route..But inline spinners only...(-;
Old 04-08-2013, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im interested to hear how you do Chuck. We have a local lake that is LOADED with tilapia but I cant seem to pull anything out but green sunfish. Tilapia is delicious.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Dominant Buck

We'll.....I'll tell you what...most of you know I teach a classroom of students that can't be controlled in the general education room...They wore me out..went home bummed out Monday..no energy..The evening before I rode 20 miles on a bike..played tennis and basket ball(this was last Sunday) So Monday I was also rubber legged worn out.

Matt and I have a 30.00 a month bet ..I. Have to lose 15 pounds per month..it's very hard..the only thing working ..
a, lots of Bible reading
B. eatting under 2000 calories a day
C exercise

So today...iinstead of fishing I road 20 miles today on my bike,

However, I have caught many tilapia on spinners..ESPECIALLY the panther Martin ...this lure does not twist the line...I generally troll 2 of these on #2 on my Ninn Kota motor...you need a super light rod to keep the blade going..I've probably boated about 50 in my life time..Rooster Tails are ok but panther martins are the best..the ones with no hackle,.they have a yellow body..and about 1/8 ounce.

Won't be fishing tomorrow either...have a tennis engagement....Sat. For sure though

PS. This years 5th graders are some of the biggest challenges I've faced.. They would rather act out and get attention than...play football, earn a quality fishing rod or 100.00 bill...what a darn shame..40 more school days. My 4th graders are angels..they are all reading on level and should do good on next weeks state test. If not for the help of God..daily..I would have retired long ago..but you must look beyond their faults and see their need...I am able to help about 2 per year.

On the test..any of my kids who make a D or better gets 100.00 bill...if the whole class daily can show respect..I will buy pizza on that day and play 1/2 hour of football...we have not had one respectful day as a whole class this year...

Last edited by Chuck7; 04-09-2013 at 05:04 PM.