Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Florida's new contest to enhance fishing.. >

Florida's new contest to enhance fishing..

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Florida's new contest to enhance fishing..

Old 02-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Florida's new contest to enhance fishing..

I'm registered..{-;
http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/f...-catch/prizing
Old 02-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

thats pretty neat, hoping you put a good one in
Old 02-26-2013, 04:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks...I have the big ones kind of boiled down to about 7 different spots...They are consistently showing up on the depth finder..I was out there today after a cold front blew through...not one bite...Really anything lighter than a 13 won't work for me...Prizes don't start getting real good until you get a 13 pounder..So..my work is cut out for me..Shiners are lecal..but 17.50 a dozen ..NO THANKS..I'll be cranking and worming.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:37 AM
Dominant Buck

This certainly has changed things..my reason for fishing has changed alot...I would like a 13 plus...

If you didn't read the prizes ..here goes..

An 8 pounder to a 9.99 gets a T Shirt ..certificate and decal..and drawing for a 200HP motor on a Phoinex boat..which I would sell to M.T for 5,000 or anyone else..I don't want one..send in a pic with scale and measuring board

10.pounds - 12.99 gets 150.00 worth of bass pro gift card...shirt, decal and entered into drawing..just send in a pic of scale and fish on a measuring board.

13.pounds plus..you call a number..{I tried it yesterday} it works..there are 5 game wardens in my area..They will weigh fish an dtake pic..you win fiberglass mount of your fish...150.00 gift card..decal ..hooded shirt ..rod and baitcaster...and name for the boat.

If fish was caught in Osceola County..in which I fish sometimes..you get a bonus 25,000 dollars..long drive...and need a bass boat..BIG LAKE KISSEMMEE

The biggest fish gets a Wildlife Gold ring plus all of the above..and entered into the Bass Hall of Fame.

My stradegy is different..I've talked with Big Bass hunters before..there are some things to do to greatly enhance your odds..and shiners are allowed..Fact..the leader at 13.48 caught his on a shiner in the Rodman resouvoir...

My son knows a young man who came in 2nd last week at Lake Kissimmee..He had a 14 and 1/2 pounder..He wasn't signed up..and that is in Osceola County..

Last edited by Chuck7; 02-27-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man,. those are some incredible prizes, I hope you do well with it. I bet you atleast get a shirt this year!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes sir...Honestly I aint sending in a picture unless I get a 10 pounder..
Old 02-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

You'll prolly get it, seems like you got those bodies of water down pretty good.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes sir...it's small enough.and the canal is low enough to keep most boats out..Most don't know about the best spots and zip right over them as they fish the shoreline structure..the shoreline structure is great for lots of hits and bass up to...8 pounds generally..BUT the Big Bertha's ..a different species.

.I beleive there are things one can do to up the odds...